Nov 15, 2012
Untitled.png

How can i Repair MFT.
Pleas help me out.
@MrXidus @Littlebits @Huracan @Jack @TwinHeadedEagle @Umbra Polaris @BoraMurdar

Last edited:

steve1

May 5, 2014
have you tried when it boots up hit f8 then it gives you safe mode choices and if you go down the list you will see one called last known good configuration.

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , clicking the arrow next to the Shut Down button
    eb058ccf-b21e-4dfe-9bb7-1ad6c83b705c_47.jpg
    , and then clicking Restart.

2.Do one of the following:
  • If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by shutting down and restarting your computer.
If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.
3.On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration (advanced), and then press Enter.

4.If your computer has more than one operating system installed, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system that you want to start by using Last Known Good Configuration, and then press Enter. Windows will then resume starting normally.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
if i delete that partition & reinstall windows, i guess windows will again create new partition - System Reserved.
Yes it will, delete both partitions, and "create new" will create 100mb System Reserved Partition also.
But dunno if this can help since your disk is still sector damaged, you should try to fix that first. Did you try some tools from Hirens?

Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Yes it will, delete both partitions, and "create new" and it will create 100mb System Reserved Partition for you.
But dunno if this can help since your disk is still sector damaged, you should try to fix that first. Did you try some tools from Hirens?

Really there is not problem in any of the drive (C,E,F,G,H) but the MFT is corrupted of the drive system reserved.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Really there is not problem in any of the drive (C,E,F,G,H) but the MFT is corrupted of the drive system reserved.
I can suggest you to download GParted to delete the crap (you can do partitioning from Hirens but in fact it's still Windows...)
http://skylink.dl.sourceforge.net/p...table/0.18.0-2/gparted-live-0.18.0-2-i486.iso
Burn it to CD or use YUMI to create USB

Try this method :
  • Start GParted
  • Format C partition
  • Format System Reserved Partition
  • Delete both partitions
  • Create new primary partition from unallocated space.
  • gparted_9_big.png

• Insert Windows Installation Disk and try to not to create System Reserved Partition,select new created partition, format it once again and install Windows on it, so your MBR, MFT,other boot records,bootsec and everything will be on a single partition
  • Try that and let me know...

Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
  • Insert Windows Installation Disk and try to not to create System Reserved Partition,select new created partition, format it once again and install Windows on it, so your MBR, MFT,other boot records,bootsec and everything will be on a single partition

i gures whenever you install windows, it will automatically ask you make system reserved drive if system drive is not there.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

are you sure to wiped all partitions? normally your drive is clean so should not be a problem. did you followed what Bora said? just above

Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
are you sure to wiped all partitions? normally your drive is clean so should not be a problem. did you followed what Bora said? just above

Really I formatted my C Drive & System Reserved Drive during installation process but than i found i am not to Install Windows, Now currently I am using BackTrack & don't know how to make bootable disk in Backtrack.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.