Nov 15, 2012
Untitled.png

How can i Repair MFT.
Pleas help me out.
@MrXidus @Littlebits @Huracan @Jack @TwinHeadedEagle @Umbra Polaris @BoraMurdar

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

when you enter the BIOS did you see an option for secureboot? if not you are in BIOS/MBR; try to install Win7 an,d let me know

Reactions: MrExplorer
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

try to do as BoraMurdar said, and i f you can't, try to install Win7

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I am really not able to download the software provided by Bora Murdar because of slow internet.
So I tried Hirens Boot CD to Delete my C Drive & System Reserved Drive, All my disk except System Reserved Drive is Logical, Can it be the reason for the error.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I am really not able to download the software provided by Bora Murdar because of slow internet.
So I tried Hirens Boot CD to Delete my C Drive & System Reserved Drive, All my disk except System Reserved Drive is Logical, Can it be the reason for the error.
I think the Minitool Partition Wizard from Hirens has the option to convert primary partitions to logical without loosing your data.
Again, there should be only one primary partition where OS will be installed.

• Enter Hirens
  • Mini XP
  • Start Minitool Partition Wizard from it and do every step I told you before like in GParted.
  • Start Windows installation
  • When you have empty (unallocated space) and you start windows installation and enter partitioning like in the pic
  • 6392864-620-465.jpg

• ....every new partition that you create from that point will have System Reserved.
  • So, we don't wanna do that, we want to create Primary NTFS Partition from Hirens, remove Hirens, insert Windows Installation Disk, reboot, enter setup, and when Windows asks where do we want our OS to be installed we just select partition (format it once again) and click next. No "System Reserved", Recovery and other mumbo-jumbo...
  • That will be needed if we create backups and recoveries from Windows File History, Rescue Disk, etc

Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I have already tried that method but even after deleting C Drive & System Reserved when i create new drive its Logical Drive not Primary.
& The option to convert a Logical drive to Primary is available.

:(

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I have already tried that method but even after deleting C Drive & System Reserved when i create new drive its Logical Drive not Primary.
& The option to convert a Logical drive to Primary is available.

:(
You deleted those partitions from Hirens?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.