Guide | How To Restore Missing 'View' or 'New' option in Windows' Context Menu

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's always recommended that you perform a full backup of the Windows Registry before modifying, however, guaranteed, a lot of time most users will not.

This was the case for myself, when I unknowingly deleted an Important Key that allowed users to Add a New Folder or File to the Desktop and with the Ribbon of File Explorer.

I did not create a backup prior to editing the Registry, so I could not restore the missing options.

Fortunately, I found a How-To online on restore missing options from the desktop Context Menu.

View Guide: How to Restore Missing “New” or “New Folder” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows? - AskVG

Moral: Always backup before deleting or modifying the Windows Registry.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It's always recommended that you perform a full backup of the Windows Registry before modifying, however, guaranteed, a lot of time most users will not.

This was the case for myself, when I unknowingly remove an Important Key that allowed users to Add a New Folder or File to the Desktop and with the Ribbon of File Explorer.

I did not create a backup prior to editing the Registry, so I could not restore the missing options.

Fortunately, I found a How-To online on restore missing options from the desktop Context Menu.

View Guide: How to Restore Missing “New” or “New Folder” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows? - AskVG

Moral: Always backup before deleting or modifying the Windows Registry.
OMG, man your late with this. I had this issue about 2mos ago and did a restore from the previous day and it came back.
Wish I had this then :p You may have not been the cause, mine just up and disappeared one morning. I wanted to make a
new folder for something and the option was just gone. Weird.
Cool share Spawn !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.