[Review no video] Test to 21 Free Av's

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Thanks for the heads up, interesting indeed.

That rogue My Free Antivirus is`nt that one of those AV`s put forward by microsoft if it does`nt detect one on your system ?

Regards Eck:)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
It may be legit as it`s been around for a few years and I think it was discussed over at wilders at the time ?

Still would`nt want to pay online as I dont want any messing around with my bank details no matter what the price.

I just wonder has anyone done a review of it ?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Let's say its a legit due to engines that were properly license? (Bitdefender)

Lack of information to determine if Bitdefender willingly use theie engine by the company.

However fishy tactic is already exist from the time when attempted to download because suppose to be free version without charge.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I think it`s supposed to be a small fee charged to cover the posting of the disk.

Still not worth the risk of putting your details out there.

neapo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2014
And why not simply let the users download it instead of keeping such past thing as posting a cd?

neapo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2014
I'm doing a test to several free antivirus need some virus samples: virus, worms, trojans and ransomware, do you know where i can get it?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I'm doing a test to several free antivirus need some virus samples: virus, worms, trojans and ransomware, do you know where i can get it?
Great! Thank you...... It wasn't long ago that I requested the members here in a thread to make a comparitive review of various freeware antiviruses dealing with various aspects like Performance, Detection, Removal, Heuristics, Anti-phishing, False positives and more if needed.

Good to see Qihoo performs great as expected with the fastest scan speeds. How long back as this test conducted, because they show results for Qihoo IS and not TS. Also the title for Virus Detected is confusing. Because I thought that Qihoo detected no threats or traces during scanning :confused:

I'd like to see how the testing goes for various other modules :D

Here is the official link for it: http://www.mysecuritycenter.com/pt/products/my-free-antivirus basically when you try to download the free version, it asks for registration and it delivers the cd by postmail you can't actually download it!

That link carries a RED WOT rating

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.