• I have never used Rollback RX Pro.

Votes: 59 50.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: [Review] Rollback RX Pro

MrXidus said:
Been a user of it for 2 years now. An extremely great program in my opinion. The amount of hours, Heck, most likely days this program has saved me.

Exact, it is sad that CTM is no more under development, it was a free alternative to it.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
you have some rules to follow with dual-boot systems, you should check on Rollback forum, since i just use Win7 and have XP on VM.

i checked that before, but not sure if its gonna help, anyways thanks for the reply :)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

Umbra Corp. said:
Exact, it is sad that CTM is no more under development, it was a free alternative to it.

But it is. We're anxiously awaiting the beta release of version 3.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Oh ok, good news. Btw, some infos about Icedragon v14?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Ok Thanks, seems that CIS v6 focuses all their attention :D

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011

any difference between CTM and Rollback RX except CTM being free :p...

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Not much differences in matters of features, CTM is based on RX, but RX is regularly updated, CTM latest version is dated from July 2010...and has some issues.

i wait CTM v3.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011

Stranger said:
bitbizket said:
I prefer Keriver 1-Click Restore Free for rollback of the system partition. Have a bad phobia for this kind rollback softwares that mess with the MBR. With Keriver there isn't much complications and is compatible to most disk imaging, also i do regular defrag with no issues at all.

have read some negative review on forums/blogs

Well, there are decent number of positive feedbacks i can recall. Why based only on other people negative feedbacks before taking a dip. If everyone have the same kind of assumptions than nobody will know exactly how the product really like. This is the same goes for those youtube videos where good softwares turns bad.

Had the recovery console installed in case for emergency restore. Some people don't like it because it has some limited functions but its fine with me since i only need it mainly for differentials backup.

Other similar program to K1-CR is Active Image Protector Free but i never try it before.

JazzChris

Nov 14, 2012

Nicely done Umbra Corp. I heard about the software and wanted to know more about the reviews. you also included the screenshots!, just perfect. I just used the trial and now am prepared to buy it. I heard there is sale for it as well allowing a free upgrade to Window 8, just want to mention to the folks here as this thread helped alot. Laters Keep up the great job.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

update: latest version of v9.1 working on WIn8 if the GPT/UEFI features are disabled, this Win8 feature is the main obstacle RX's developers face for v10.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Stranger said:
bitbizket said:
I prefer Keriver 1-Click Restore Free for rollback of the system partition. Have a bad phobia for this kind rollback softwares that mess with the MBR. With Keriver there isn't much complications and is compatible to most disk imaging, also i do regular defrag with no issues at all.

have read some negative review on forums/blogs

I have a question...is there any possible way that keriver could restore to the wrong partition or does it detect system partitions somehow?
I'm always paranoid that i'm gonna lose my data on my other partitions but would love to use it.

What version is your review on Umbra?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

it was RX v9, no visible change in the functions. with RX i can install an apps/malware, play with them for a while and remove all in a minute when done, imaging backup soft do the same in 30mn.

RX is like a system restore on steroid leaving no single trace

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
How long you have to wait when doing a backup image of your system? 20, 30mn, 1 hour? then how long to restore it?
For me it took 10-15mn for just backup my 17.5gb system with Acronis, With Rollback, i need 1mn !

i don't anything about this software can you please tell me how is it able to restore your pc in 1min

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Unknown said:
Umbra Corp. said:
How long you have to wait when doing a backup image of your system? 20, 30mn, 1 hour? then how long to restore it?
For me it took 10-15mn for just backup my 17.5gb system with Acronis, With Rollback, i need 1mn !

i don't anything about this software can you please tell me how is it able to restore your pc in 1min

Make snapshot and restore it and it takes only 1 minute or less.
You can use trial

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

Stranger said:
You can use trial

if i make snapshot of my pc and any virus infect some important file of OS and your antivirus isn't able to disinfect it can we recover the pc mean it as a backup software works but the speed is very fast

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Unknown said:
Stranger said:
You can use trial

if i make snapshot of my pc and any virus infect some important file of OS and your antivirus isn't able to disinfect it can we recover the pc mean it as a backup software works but the speed is very fast

yes you can get back your system clean even if some nasty malware attack on your pc.
its not backup but it make a snapshot of your system.

P

Plexx

Thread author

Unknown said:

You basically restore the computer state at the time of the snapshot.

It is not really considered a backup solution since if there is a hard disk failure, you can kiss goodbye to your snapshots.

Also there are only 2 viable methods to backup a system with Rollback RX installed along with its snapshots and those are no quick and easy tasks.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

Biozfear said:
You basically restore the computer state at the time of the snapshot.

It is not really considered a backup solution since if there is a hard disk failure, you can kiss goodbye to your snapshots.

Also there are only 2 viable methods to backup a system with Rollback RX installed along with its snapshots and those are no quick and easy tasks.

Is ESET Rescue Disc is also same as RollBack RX

P

Plexx

Thread author

Unknown said:
Is ESET Rescue Disc is also same as RollBack RX

I hope this is a joke.

Any AV rescue/boot disks are not to restore the system to its original state.

Such offerings is to clean your system without entering windows environment and some use Linux as a base (Comodo, Kaspersky, etc...).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.