Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used Rollback RX Pro.

Votes: 59 50.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: [Review] Rollback RX Pro

even if the advanced user knows how to install it, you still have a risk with any pre-release

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013

Almost all softwares reviewd here are NOT free...crap...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Payback said:

Then what do you count Avast Free?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

If you want a free clone of Rollback RX, use Comodo Time machine, but i warn you it has some bugs and may screw your system if you are unlucky.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013

It is definitely not a software for novice users,judging from my own experience. It can pretty much screw up your system if you did a mistake while uninstalling it.

P

Plexx

Thread author

Payback said:

Criteria for reviewed products does have it stated: Must be free.

Furthermore, if you check the written reviews, there are reviews of free software as well.

Payback said:
It is definitely not a software for novice users,judging from my own experience. It can pretty much screw up your system if you did a mistake while uninstalling it.

So does any other software in the wrong hands.

A backup solution used incorrectly can cause the same issues or worse.

Rollback RX is not that complicated. Some settings yes, user needs to search for some info but that is about it.

DanielN

Nov 14, 2014
You might want to add to the updates for version 10 that it now supports things like advanced format disk and UEFI bios.

And I don't know about you, but for me installation was not a problem. I wouldn't call it a hard to use or install software at all....

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Tip: If you still need an imaging backup software, i suggest you to use the boot CD version instead of the installer one (most of them allow you to create it) so you will avoid to install drivers that may conflict with RX, and the boot CD will load before RX.
With V10,RollBack Rx' Snapshots get corrupted if you run bootable CD/USB.I have tested it 3 times,all the time,i couldn't boot into Windows.:(

@Umbra Polaris You may want to add the limitations of using this software in the OP.:)

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@Welldone: Just wondering which bootable CD's/USB are you using? For Windows 8.1?
Very important, what you pointed out.

Kind regards,

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
@Welldone: Just wondering which bootable CD's/USB are you using? For Windows 8.1?
Very important, what you pointed out.

Kind regards,
I am using Easy2Boot USB drive with ISOs of BootIt Bare Metal,Image for Windows/DOS/Linux,Macrium Reflect Pro WinPE/Linux,ShadowProtect WinPE and MiniTool Partition Wizard Home WinPE:)

They are good for Windows 8.1 too :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
This review will be updated soon.

I will introduce the new feature for safer snapshots. I need to dig in technical aspects of it.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
This software is so amazing, Home (free) edition works really well.

Installed it 1 day ago, and today I have a problem caused with incompatible program (I don't test it with shadowdefender because it's my sai monitor and work well on w8.1 -.-) and I restored my computer without any issue :D

(I found it in your configuration xD)

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Be sure to save your important files somewhere, RX is a savior but if it get angry it kills everything lol.

Im a long time user of it, saved me many times but also killed me twice :D

Reactions: XhenEd

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Be sure to save your important files somewhere, RX is a savior but if it get angry it kills everything lol.

Im a long time user of it, saved me many times but also killed me twice :D
I agree!! it is a great program and really saved me many times but also took me waaaaay back in time a couple times :D Had problems with it on dual booted systems.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
It should be avoided if you have a dualboot system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxwell Sien

Level 2
Verified
Nov 15, 2016
Ini my System, Rollback RX often show a bug. Rbx often fail to boot and can't uninstall it (no response from rbx boot menu).

When I try to access my drive with live CD, my system Drive require to be format first, before I can Access it.

So, it ruin my system Drive. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

Reactions: frogboy and XhenEd

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.