Rise of the Breaches - Troy Hunt

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Data breaches are the new normal. We’ve created ecosystems with so many moving parts and so many complex units, it’s little wonder that we so frequently see them go wrong. A combination of more systems, more people, more devices and more ways than ever of producing and publishing data stack the odds in favour of attackers breaching more systems than ever.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

This is reason I kept saying don't bother too much about your local security or privacy, just do the minimum required to assure decent protection and enjoy your system.

Don't listen those fearmongering fans and company marketers who push you to use/buy their softs.
Win10 gives all you need for basic overall security, up to you to tighten it or, if you don't feel secure enough, eventually use one product you are comfortable with.

On your side, what matters is your surfing habits and skills. After 2 decades, im still not infected yet. And I started like everybody else, first using common sense and logic, learning proper behaviors and then improving my skills.
Learn your system, its normal behavior, what are the usual active processes, then with time you will pinpoint unusual stuff easily.
It won't be fast, it requires dedication.

After all this, if there is a breach, it won't come from your side but from the services you rely on.
I have several dummy emails, and guess what, one of them got compromised because of server hack, one I used in the past on yahoo mail...

You are a Home user, not a business, no one will target you.
Being paranoid is waste of time.
Counting solely on a software to ensure you full security and privacy is an utopia.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Thanks really interesting ,Where can I get one of those fingerprint locks? After seeing this they probally ran a sale on them Lol.
That one. I agree, the fingerprint lock bypass was really hilarious. :LOL:

I like Troy. Most because he ain't no fool and he knows what he's talking about. Troy genuine highlight issues with surgical precision that's actually important and it's no wonder many software vendors/companies and developers get's the shiver of scare when he starts pointing on their products. But Troy does it much more responsible then many others that just seek attention. This presentation clearly shows that. When he even try a hardware product ( a watch ) on his own daughter along with his friends points to very serious privacy issues, and in the end communicate so well that the watch vendor understand the seriousness and even fix the flaw, that's how a responsible researcher should act/work.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.