Intel Core i7 7700HQ
16GB RAM DDR4
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

RoboMan

Level 32
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Ladies, gentlemen, and kind good-looking robots as myself, I hereby present to you my 2020 security configuration. This is my main laptop where I mostly work during the day, and do some programming and streaming at night, maybe Netflix.

It's protected by a heavily configured KIS 2020, tweaked for maximum security while low at resources. Check Discuss - RoboMan's Light Kaspersky Settings for more info!

RoboMan

Level 32
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Tester
UPDATED: My Kaspersky license ran out so I'm testing my most-probable next security configuration:

First line of defense: BitDefender Total Security 2020

Only thing I dislike is that it lacks any kind of Application Control or anti-exe, which I certainly think NECESSARY.

Extra layer of defense: Hard_Configurator (dissallowed), nothing gets executed unless MANUALLY whitelisted.

So far, so good. System is very light and responsive (even better than when I had WD + Hard_Configurator. I'll test it this whole month and if it goes well, probably by a BitDefender Family Pack.

blackice

Level 28
Verified
UPDATED: My Kaspersky license ran out so I'm testing my most-probable next security configuration:

First line of defense: BitDefender Total Security 2020

Only thing I dislike is that it lacks any kind of Application Control or anti-exe, which I certainly think NECESSARY.

Extra layer of defense: Hard_Configurator (dissallowed), nothing gets executed unless MANUALLY whitelisted.

So far, so good. System is very light and responsive (even better than when I had WD + Hard_Configurator. I'll test it this whole month and if it goes well, probably by a BitDefender Family Pack.
Bitdefender...what happened to our ESET expert!? You are on to the new hotness, Bitdefender is getting the love around here. Setup looks good. I’d feel safe if I were you. 👍

RoboMan

Level 32
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Bitdefender...what happened to our ESET expert!? You are on to the new hotness, Bitdefender is getting the love around here. Setup looks good. I’d feel safe if I were you. 👍
I love ESET! I have many machines around, this thread is about my main gaming laptop. On my other machines I have ESET, and Kaspersky. I've always liked BitDefender, at least since version 2019. It's very stable and fluid, unlike previous versions.

blackice

Level 28
Verified
I love ESET! I have many machines around, this thread is about my main gaming laptop. On my other machines I have ESET, and Kaspersky. I've always liked BitDefender, at least since version 2019. It's very stable and fluid, unlike previous versions.
If it’s good enough for your gaming system maybe I should check it out. But I’ve got my favorites and only a couple systems to play with.