RoboMan's Light Kaspersky Settings

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
What about KAF 2019?? :emoji_grimacing:
As already said, some of the @RoboMan tweaks and also the ones I also posted in post#2 are also shared with KFA2019, just do a research and find which ones are shared and which ones are not because in KFA2019 main protection modules can't be tweaked...

Also @Evjl's Rain proposed in others forum posts/threads some interesting light tweaks for KFA2019...

Anyway I can create an specific thread with lights tweaks for KFA/KSCloudFree 2019 products...

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
As already said, some of the @RoboMan tweaks and also the ones I also posted in post#2 are also shared with KFA2019, just do a research and find which ones are shared and which ones are not because in KFA2019 main protection modules can't be tweaked...

Also @Evjl's Rain proposed in others forum posts/threads some interesting light tweaks for KFA2019...

Anyway I can create an specific thread with lights tweaks for KFA/KSCloudFree 2019 products...

Ah thanks sir for replying, done (y)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
And on my system Kaspersky is heavy and after all tweaks from MT. Avast for me is more light with big deference
I also switched from KSCF to avast free with all performance tweaks possible
I noticed significant improvement in performance

I did my best in KSCF to make it as light as possible without sacrificing much security but Kaspersky wiping temporary caches on boot makes it heavier than other AVs

ps: disabling "Inject scripts into web traffic..." and using scan "on execution" make the biggest difference in speed
for KIS users, disabling Application Control makes a big improvement in speed too (a waste, highly not recommended)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Kaspersky comes with 3 predefined security levels: high, recommended, low.
Has anyone tried to use low settings and see how it performs?
this will make some improvement in speed but will largely decrease protection
I think my tweaks squeeze the best performance out of kaspersky with a small decrease in security

I tried to set Web filter to Low and it did make an impact on web filter effectiveness although its a bit lighter on CPU usage

LoLs

Level 2
Verified
Dec 16, 2016
Thanks for this configuration. I'm on trial version and seem its lil bit different, no prompt for action option. KIS v. 19.0.0.1088

Screenshot-25.png
Screenshot-26.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.