Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Crystal Security
Bandwidth Monitor: NetWorx
Other: (Soon to come...)

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
Hello @Network. I wanted to share something I'd learned from a thread originally posted by Jack which explained how to update your configuration fields. In this way it would therefore be less necessary to begin a new configuration thread as often.;)
  1. Above your configuration, and to the right, you'll see "Thread Tools".
  2. <click> on the arrow.
  3. This will reveal options to "Edit Title", "Delete Thread", & "Edit Thread Fields" (This is how to update any changes made.).
Lastly, you'll be sure to receive a lot more responses once you've posted comments accompanying the apps & settings you have "Added" as well as those you've decided to "Remove" and why...

Thanks!:):)

Edit: (Yet another helpful tip): You might choose to edit one of your former configurations instead as then we can see it's unfolding progression, and thoroughly discuss the choices connected with your system's ongoing 'evolution'.:D

Last edited:

Rogue987

Glad to see that you guys like my security setup!

If anyone has any suggestions, comments, or concerns please feel free to share them!

Rogue987

I have updated the thread, if you have any suggestions at all please feel free to let me know them!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
Hello @Network, I just read your post!:) What changes did you make? In other words, was something specifically added or was there anything you chose to remove?;)

Rogue987

Hello @Network, I just read your post!:) What changes did you make? In other words, was something specifically added or was there anything you chose to remove?;)
Here is what I added:
MBAM Premium
Zemana Anti-Logger
HitmanPro
Glary Utilities
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
8GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade w/ the 16GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade (Backup/Recovery)

Here is what I have removed:
Spyware Blaster

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
Thank you for sharing more, Network! I'd had enough sense, but not more time to do more than 'like' your post earlier before I was called away.:rolleyes:
Spyware Blaster, if I remember correctly, was what other members may have posted on your previous threads advising it's removal for your benefit.:) Is that right?
I'd wondered whether your Hitman Pro happened to be the paid version of which I'm considering adding to either our Windows 7 or 8.1 system, both of which have the free MBAM installed.

An 8 GB SanDisk Cruzer is 1 of 3 external flash drives I use!;) All your other additions are on my 'must try list', though this probably won't happen overnight!:p
I'm reading about your Symantec Endpoint Protection as I write, and how the firewall's "..Generic exploit blocking is a technique that attempts to proactively block malware from exploiting unpatched vulnerabilities.".
Very impressive!:D

Last edited:

Rogue987

Thank you for sharing more, Network! I'd had enough sense, but not more time to do more than 'like' your post earlier before I was called away.:rolleyes:
Spyware Blaster, if I remember correctly, was what other members may have posted on your previous threads advising it's removal for your benefit.:) Is that right?
I'd wondered whether your Hitman Pro happened to be the paid version of which I'm considering adding to either our Windows 7 or 8.1 system, both of which have the free MBAM installed.

An 8 GB SanDisk Cruzer is 1 of 3 external flash drives I use!;) All your other additions are on my 'must try list', though this probably won't happen overnight!:p
I'm reading about your Symantec Endpoint Protection as I write, and how the firewall's "..Generic exploit blocking is a technique that attempts to proactively blocks malware from exploiting unpatched vulnerabilities.".
Very impressive!:D
People did suggest for me to remove Spyware Blaster so I took their advice and removed it.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Rogue987

UPDATE - Things I have added:
SUPERAntiSpyware as a On-Demand Scanner
FileHippo App Manager for other software.
Momentum & Hover Zoom as browser extensions.
Dropbox as a backup/recovery for important files and documents.

Janl92l

U dont need zemana antilogger with hitman pro alter,its overkill. Both have key encryption inbuild. I would chose only one from them(hmp alert) if i had the choice.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
U dont need zemana antilogger with hitman pro alter,its overkill. Both have key encryption inbuild. I would chose only one from them(hmp alert) if i had the choice.
We've used their free stable version 2.6.5, but this was good news specifically about Hitman Pro Alert version 3.0.38 which brought me to take a closer look, and read more about their paid version. Here is Softpedia's description:
*It's anti-logger features are mentioned close to the end of the review.:cool:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Trusted
Well since u are using Microsoft Security Essentials, it would provide the basic security which is required.
But what is ur plans over USB/Flash drive threats? How Do u prevent it? If u have no idea about it, then I would recommend you a program called
McSheild Antimalware
MCShield is an Anti-Malware program designed to prevent infections transmitted via removable drives. Its also light over system resources and does not interrupt over your operations.
Thanks..

Rogue987

I have updated this now, you may see for yourself about what I have added and you may also feel free to give your opinion on it!