Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Network. I wanted to share something I'd learned from a thread originally posted by Jack which explained how to update your configuration fields. In this way it would therefore be less necessary to begin a new configuration thread as often.;)
  1. Above your configuration, and to the right, you'll see "Thread Tools".
  2. <click> on the arrow.
  3. This will reveal options to "Edit Title", "Delete Thread", & "Edit Thread Fields" (This is how to update any changes made.).
Lastly, you'll be sure to receive a lot more responses once you've posted comments accompanying the apps & settings you have "Added" as well as those you've decided to "Remove" and why...

Thanks!:):)

Edit: (Yet another helpful tip): You might choose to edit one of your former configurations instead as then we can see it's unfolding progression, and thoroughly discuss the choices connected with your system's ongoing 'evolution'.:D

Last edited:

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Glad to see that you guys like my security setup!

If anyone has any suggestions, comments, or concerns please feel free to share them!

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I have updated the thread, if you have any suggestions at all please feel free to let me know them!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Network, I just read your post!:) What changes did you make? In other words, was something specifically added or was there anything you chose to remove?;)

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Hello @Network, I just read your post!:) What changes did you make? In other words, was something specifically added or was there anything you chose to remove?;)

Here is what I added:
MBAM Premium
Zemana Anti-Logger
HitmanPro
Glary Utilities
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
8GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade w/ the 16GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade (Backup/Recovery)

Here is what I have removed:
Spyware Blaster

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing more, Network! I'd had enough sense, but not more time to do more than 'like' your post earlier before I was called away.:rolleyes:
Spyware Blaster, if I remember correctly, was what other members may have posted on your previous threads advising it's removal for your benefit.:) Is that right?
I'd wondered whether your Hitman Pro happened to be the paid version of which I'm considering adding to either our Windows 7 or 8.1 system, both of which have the free MBAM installed.

An 8 GB SanDisk Cruzer is 1 of 3 external flash drives I use!;) All your other additions are on my 'must try list', though this probably won't happen overnight!:p
I'm reading about your Symantec Endpoint Protection as I write, and how the firewall's "..Generic exploit blocking is a technique that attempts to proactively block malware from exploiting unpatched vulnerabilities.".
Very impressive!:D

Last edited:

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Thank you for sharing more, Network! I'd had enough sense, but not more time to do more than 'like' your post earlier before I was called away.:rolleyes:
Spyware Blaster, if I remember correctly, was what other members may have posted on your previous threads advising it's removal for your benefit.:) Is that right?
I'd wondered whether your Hitman Pro happened to be the paid version of which I'm considering adding to either our Windows 7 or 8.1 system, both of which have the free MBAM installed.

An 8 GB SanDisk Cruzer is 1 of 3 external flash drives I use!;) All your other additions are on my 'must try list', though this probably won't happen overnight!:p
I'm reading about your Symantec Endpoint Protection as I write, and how the firewall's "..Generic exploit blocking is a technique that attempts to proactively blocks malware from exploiting unpatched vulnerabilities.".
Very impressive!:D

People did suggest for me to remove Spyware Blaster so I took their advice and removed it.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
UPDATE - Things I have added:
SUPERAntiSpyware as a On-Demand Scanner
FileHippo App Manager for other software.
Momentum & Hover Zoom as browser extensions.
Dropbox as a backup/recovery for important files and documents.

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I have updated this once again, feel free to to give your opinion on this!

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
U dont need zemana antilogger with hitman pro alter,its overkill. Both have key encryption inbuild. I would chose only one from them(hmp alert) if i had the choice.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
U dont need zemana antilogger with hitman pro alter,its overkill. Both have key encryption inbuild. I would chose only one from them(hmp alert) if i had the choice.
We've used their free stable version 2.6.5, but this was good news specifically about Hitman Pro Alert version 3.0.38 which brought me to take a closer look, and read more about their paid version. Here is Softpedia's description:
*It's anti-logger features are mentioned close to the end of the review.:cool:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well since u are using Microsoft Security Essentials, it would provide the basic security which is required.
But what is ur plans over USB/Flash drive threats? How Do u prevent it? If u have no idea about it, then I would recommend you a program called
McSheild Antimalware
MCShield is an Anti-Malware program designed to prevent infections transmitted via removable drives. Its also light over system resources and does not interrupt over your operations.
Thanks..

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I have updated this now, you may see for yourself about what I have added and you may also feel free to give your opinion on it!

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
If anyone else has any suggestions, comments, or concerns about my setup please feel free to do so!

p.s. I added Opera to my browser list!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.