Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I never tried , you are welcome to do it and give us the result :p
Wahahaha...

This has been answered by TheRollbackFrog in Wilders, anyway. :D
"Under a Rollback protected system, Rollback does not allow any process to modify its active MBR. If the MBR was modified from outside of that LIVE protected system, Rollback and its snapshots will be toast."

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Wahahaha...

This has been answered by TheRollbackFrog in Wilders, anyway. :D
"Under a Rollback protected system, Rollback does not allow any process to modify its active MBR. If the MBR was modified from outside of that LIVE protected system, Rollback and its snapshots will be toast."

it is like SD, they make a hidden copy of the disk/MBR

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
How to manually defrag with Rollback Rx?

Should I select the latest snapshot & defrag?

And if I delete snapshots...I should still perform Rollback Rx defrag?

And does creating a new baseline Rollback Rx automatically defrags or not? Coz after creating new baseline if I analyze with Windows defrag it mention % fragmented.

Reactions: SHvFl
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
How to manually defrag with Rollback Rx?
ummmm...click the defrag button in RX GUI?

Should I select the latest snapshot & defrag?

it defrag all snapshots

And if I delete snapshots...I should still perform Rollback Rx defrag?

if you need

And does creating a new baseline Rollback Rx automatically defrags or not? Coz after creating new baseline if I analyze with Windows defrag it mention % fragmented.

You don't use Windows Defragger , OMG !

btw, do you read the help files?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Default install protect all the partitions.
Use Custom install to check/uncheck the partitions.
Do you have more than one hard drive? I am guessing that you have one hard drive with multiple partitions.
I did a default install, and it only protected C.
I reinstalled, chose custom, and only then I could add protection for the partitions on my second hard drive.

R

Raka Daku

Thread author
Do you have more than one hard drive? I am guessing that you have one hard drive with multiple partitions.
I did a default install, and it only protected C.
I reinstalled, chose custom, and only then I could add protection for the partitions on my second hard drive.
Yep, one hard drive with partitions.
Ohk.. so you need to choose Custom install to protect all the hard drives.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
The only time I installed Rollback Rx it completely screwed up my PC, never tried it again. :(

If it was older than dirt, it was likely an issue with Secure Boot, which has been patched. Do you use Bitlocker Frogboy?

Yep, one hard drive with partitions.
Ohk.. so you need to choose Custom install to protect all the hard drives.

Yeah, custom install.

Reactions: frogboy

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I stopped using Rollback because when I restored snapshots or I uninstalled it, sometimes the results were imperfect. I had disk errors and software issues. Macrium Reflect is much slower and laborious, but more reliable.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I stopped using Rollback because when I restored snapshots or I uninstalled it, sometimes the results were imperfect. I had disk errors and software issues. Macrium Reflect is much slower and laborious, but more reliable.

I used to have those issues back in the 10.3 to 10.5 days. Do you remember which version you used? I haven't had those issues with the newer builds

Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.