Rollback Rx Pro [Version 11]

What Would You Rate Rollback Rx Version 11?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • 4 Stars (Very good)

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 3 Stars (Good)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 2 Stars (Fair)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 1 Star (Poor)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used Rollback RX Pro.

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
Product name
Rollback Rx Professional
Pros
  • - Speed and Efficiency
    - Great protection for what it offers
    - New UI looks modern (finally)
    - Data Protection and Encryption
    - Endpoint Manager is free and a useful tool
CONS
- Snapshots Still Can't Be Exported To Other Hard Drives/External Media
- Slightly Expensive
BOTTOM LINE
Rollback Rx Pro improves upon itself with some great new features and a cleaner UI. While it required some workarounds to work with Windows 10, it's now fully compatible which makes it a great tool for Windows 10 users.
Protection
Very Good
Usability
5 / 5
User Interface
4 / 5
CPU/RAM/Storage
Fair Usage

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
I received my new activation code today, all is good now.(y):)
How is everything working for you friend?
Thinking about getting the Drive Cloner Rx too, they have it only till today for $19.50 , and i think $9 for maintenance.

Regards,

How is everything working for you friend?
Thinking about getting the Drive Cloner Rx too, they have it only till today for $19.50 , and i think $9 for maintenance.

Regards,

Trial Drive Cloner Rx before buying it. For one thing, it doesn' t work properly on many drives - particularly SSDs. Check the HDS forums for others' experiences.

HDS has not updated Drive Cloner Rx in many years. There are many fixes that need to be made.

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
Trial Drive Cloner Rx before buying it. For one thing, it doesn' t work properly on many drives - particularly SSDs. Check the HDS forums for others' experiences.

HDS has not updated Drive Cloner Rx in many years. There are many fixes that need to be made.
Yes, i was reading about it, and notice version 2018 they say, but it is normally ver 6 witch is a old version from many years ago.
I have a laptop with win10 and also it has 120gb ssd, will test and see what will do .

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 178

Once you mastered RX, know the things to avoid to do with it, it is the best snapshot software on the market. Hard to live without it.

Reactions: harlan4096

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
So, i have done an image with Drive Cloner Rx and it worked really well looks like, fast too.
My laptop has win10 with 120gb ssd and it took 20 minutes to create the image of the full backup, and then i installed 2 applications, just for test and then i restore it back and took about 10 minutes, and it did a good job. I guess it does work it ssd hard drives and maybe that's why horizondatasys never done any new updates for the Drive Cloner Rx, but of course who knows.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
With the latest versions (10+) , you can just turn RX off (via tray icon), reboot, then make a backup of the system or TRIM an SSD.
This is a nice trick to TRIM the SSD.
But i still want RX to have the option to store the snapshot to an external device.
As i see not still available in Version 11.

D

Deleted member 178

Snapshots arent backups, they are like virtual partitions requiring the original system MBR, so what you asking isnt feasable, that is why they made DriveCloner.
All you can do for now is to do a backup of them with DriveCloner, Macrium or Image For Windows.

JHomes

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
This is a nice trick to TRIM the SSD.
But i still want RX to have the option to store the snapshot to an external device.
As i see not still available in Version 11.

I wouldn't be waiting on that. I once pulled my primary drive with Rollback Rx installed and it crashed my whole machine. From what I know, the hard drive needs to be constantly connected, which would be problematic if you pulled that ext. hdd to use elsewhere and it bricked the whole machine.

Reactions: tonibalas

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Snapshots arent backups, they are like virtual partitions requiring the original system MBR, so what you asking isnt feasable, that is why they made DriveCloner.
All you can do for now is to do a backup of them with DriveCloner, Macrium or Image For Windows.

So Macrium CAN backup Rollback RX snapshots then ?

If you restore a disk image using Macrium, will the Rollback and its snapshots work normally ?

I read somewhere that doing this would make the system unstable and that Macrium and Rollback are incompatoble with each other. Has that now changed ?

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I voted never used it. Never had a problem yet with Marcrium Reflect free.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.