Advice Request RTProtectionDaemon

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

bbaratz

Thread author
May 15, 2020
What program is this from and why does it sometimes us so much memory that my fan on my macbook air starts to sound like an airplane reving up the engines.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not that I am aware of, but it's better to try for a response from their Support Forums for Mac users - Malwarebytes for Mac Support Forum , or even use their support ticket if you're a Premium license owner - Submit a request – Malwarebytes Support

However, if you are only using the Free Trial and do not intended to use Premium after the 14-days, you can disable it. Here's the Difference, as explained by a Malwarebytes Forum Member:
alvarnell said:
In general terms, the Premium version will detect a malware installer or malicious application as it arrives on your computer and will prevent it's installation or launch, so no damage done.

If you manage to install the malware process/application the free version will not prevent it from running or being launched, so if it's spyware then it will harvest the information it's after and attempt to upload it. You would have to run a manual or scheduled scan before that process or application runs or reports in order to prevent it from doing whatever it's designed to do.
Source: What level of protection does the free version of Malwarebytes offer?

bbaratz

Thread author
May 15, 2020
So maybe it was protecting me from a malicious cite and that's why it was using so much memory and causing the mac's fan to Rev.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It shouldn't require that many resources...

I recommend going to Malwarebytes to solve the issue.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.