Advice Request RTX 3060 or RTX 3060 Ti still recommendable in 2022?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hey guys, I am thinking about upgrading my PC but I am not sure wether I should get one of the cards mentioned above or not. What do you guys think are they futureproof enough? I am only playing on full HD so I don't need a high end card. :)

L

Local Host

Define future proof, you'll need to replace them in 3~5 years depending on your gaming needs, plus if you can't get them at retail price they're not worth it whasoever.

Those cards are selling for the price of a RTX 3080 here, not worth it.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Even used graphics cards are trading at unusually high prices. I feel it's not time to buy.
+ there is no point to buy card that is previously used in mining

OT: I dont feel myself that its currently best time to build desktop im looking for next year, maybe in spring again

When windows 11 is ready , somewhere in late next year maybe? I might upgrade

LoLs

Level 2
Verified
Dec 16, 2016
Hey guys, I am thinking about upgrading my PC but I am not sure wether I should get one of the cards mentioned above or not. What do you guys think are they futureproof enough? I am only playing on full HD so I don't need a high end card. :)
Ethereum POS around June 2022, so few months after that gpu price might start falling. maybe good time to buy it then. I would like a new 3060 Ti or 3070 myself.

Also i read so many about Rtx 30 card have memory overheat issues
1 example from this page Defective pads and too hot GDDRX6 memory - silicon alert on the GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, 3080, 3080 Ti und 3090 | igor'sLAB
and you can find bunch on reddit, many trying to solved by changing Thermal-Pad.

If you not really need high end card, maybe just wait, or find out about MSI card ("gaming series) , their card usually have good cooling quality

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
6 months too late unfortunately 😄
:ROFLMAO:

I just got an email with an ad for an RTX 3080 for under $800 US. I got a release day 3070 because I had a feeling the 3080s would be hard to come by. I was so glad I did, this is the first time I’ve seen a 3080 around MSRP that wasn’t sold out since launch. I wouldn’t buy one now, with new stuff around the corner. But I’ll probably even skip the 4000 series until they figure out the transient spike issues. The 3070 is going strong.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
There is talk of new GPU prices below MSRP on some Tech forums.

I think lower demand from miners and surplus stock from the crypto-mining crash will have a compound effect on GPU pricing.

I would not recommend you buy a used mining GPU unless it has warranty and you get it veeeeeery cheap.

Kongo

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

I just got an email with an ad for an RTX 3080 for under $800 US. I got a release day 3070 because I had a feeling the 3080s would be hard to come by. I was so glad I did, this is the first time I’ve seen a 3080 around MSRP that wasn’t sold out since launch. I wouldn’t buy one now, with new stuff around the corner. But I’ll probably even skip the 4000 series until they figure out the transient spike issues. The 3070 is going strong.
I'm okay with my 3060 Ti as I am only playing on Full HD. All that matters is that my PC can run Hogwarts: Legacy at the end of the year. Me as a Potterhead am so excited. 😌

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

Will you wait for the 4000 series, which will increase heat generation and power consumption, or will you compromise on the 3000, whose price has settled down due to the effects of inventory? It looks like a chicken game in Japan.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Will you wait for the 4000 series, which will increase heat generation and power consumption, or will you compromise on the 3000, whose price has settled down due to the effects of inventory? It looks like a chicken game in Japan.
I purchased a 3070 the day they were released. Which worked out well seeing how things went. I will probably skip the 4000 series because my PC already turns into a heater in the summer. Hopefully the 5000 series will bring some efficiency back. This reminds me of the 400 series cards around 2010. Those were very hot cards.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.