Troubleshoot Rtx 4090 crash - driver or hardware? .The description for Event ID 0 from source

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
no
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
no
Hi. I have 12900K stock

32 GB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600mhz

Palit Gamerock Pro OC rtx 4090

1300W Seasonic Platinum Prime

Aorus Elite DDR4 Z690

Windows 11 2H22. Updated new nvidia drivers.

I swapped from 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming to Rtx 4090 Palit Gamerock. Never had single crash in games,apps on 3090 ti. All was perfectly stable.

I am gettin occassional crashing during loading games. Watch Dogs Legion ( happened 2 times ) and Metro Exodus EE. Never in game, but in loading . Happen from time to time. Is my card fine? I have PalitGamerock 4090 stock.

Here are always that 2 errors during crash:
2 errors.

1.display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

2.The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

It happened on 3 versions of drivers i tried.

ps:
card passing all stress testing games and benchs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Have you tried Uninstall the Driver/Software (Nvidia) that from the 3090 Ti? and Uninstall the Driver/software with DDU and Download the driver that support the 4090 and Install it.

Reactions: roger_m
Upvote 0

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Follow here for 1) and 2)

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Ok i left system on desktop idling 2 days. I launched now Watch Dogs Legion few times and no crash on loading. The same with Metro no crash on loading.
I just closed Msi Afterburner and restarted afterburner and turned on. So propably Msi AFterburner was cause.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.