Rufus image burning tool suggest to disable secure boot during boot from NTFS created windows10 iso

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
after creating bootable windows 10 iso using refus (NTFS format) it suggested to disable secure boot the author justified that GPLV3 is not supported as mentioned in this link
what do you think is it good to do that or find another tool which isnot open source ??

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Must be something new, i never had such message.

At the same time, that is expected behavior from secureboot.
if your ISO is clean, if your version of Rufus is clean, if your USB is clean , then not big deal to disable secureboot.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Must be something new, i never had such message.

At the same time, that is expected behavior from secureboot.
if your ISO is clean, if your version of Rufus is clean, if your USB is clean , then not big deal to disable secureboot.
yes i just download latest ISO using media creation tool
rufus from official site
the USB is clean and was formatted before burning

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.