Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Missing 'Run as Administrator' in Win 10 Pro
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I followed the steps taken in the below link but was unsuccessful

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/26739-add-remove-run-administrator-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

https://www.eightforums.com/threads/take-ownership-add-to-context-menu-in-windows-8.2814/
Hi

My 'Run as Administrator' is missing in the drop down context menu in Win 10 Pro.

Initially, my system was Win 10 Home. I checked and was informed that there's no 'Run as Administrator' in WIn 10 Home.

Later I upgraded to Win 10 Pro and found the 'Run as Administrator' missing in the context menu. I did not give it serious thought as all these while I was able to install/remove programs without any issue.

Now, I'm not sure the latest Windows security patch's failure to update could be due to this despite frequent attempts and manual update as well.

Also, I could not run CMD at an elevated status as an administrator. I followed the links given below but to no avail.

Any help? Thanks

1586947583336.png

1586947462088.png

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
It is hidden, because the value is not "00 00 00 00" (HEX 0).
Change it to 0 and log off the account.
When I tried to modify the 1st column the 01 jumps to the 2nd column and similarly for the 3rd and 4th columns. It also creates a new column. If I keep pushing the 01 to the right it'll creates a 2nd row of Value data. Is this correct? FI I have not changed yet

73NNZOc.jpg

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.