Russian Virus Mail.ru keeps opening random new tabs in chrome, firefox even when closed

rinniethepooh

New Member
I randomly got a virus from a Russian site, it opens tons of tabs and advertisements in chrome and firefox, sometimes command prompt pops up, lots of unknown processes running, installed a bunch of random extensions in chrome and changed default search engine. Also added some random shortcuts to my desktop. Some kind of search engine and application under the name "Mail.ru" were added to my computer and while I uninstalled a russian application sharing the name from control panel, the problem still remains and I have no clue how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated it's very annoying and I'd like to use my computer again.

Let me know if you can help or if you have any questions.
 

Attachments

Hello,


51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam.
  • Click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Start Scan.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the Reports tab.
  • Double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top