Problem Safe Finder impossible to delete

Device model
MacBook Pro 13inch late 2013,

clang

OS
MacOS High Sierra
Infection date and initial symptoms
07/10/18 Safe finder being the home page with safari even thought it's not labelled anyway.
Current issues and symptoms
Safari loads with the default homepage as safe finder
Steps taken in order to remove the infection
Removal of all applications associated with it, malwarebytes used to clean, all internet history and caches deleted. checked the library for additional files and found nothing out of the ordinary
Hi All,

I ended up with Safe Finder on my Macbook and now I can't remove it from Safari, I have tried everything that I have found on the web, malwarebytes says the mac is clean, chrome works as normal after a reset, but safari cannot shake it. I have run through the system to the best of my knowledge and can't find anything left of it or any strange aliases after deletion. Please help

clang

OS
MacOS High Sierra
Hi,

Yes, I've followed every guide possible and nothing remains that can be found of safefinder or an alias. Yet safari still loads with safe finder search engine... I reset chrome which worked but I can't delete safari from my mac to start over so it's tricky. I'm not sure what else I can try. I can't find anyone else who's had the same issue

OS
MacOS
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I am having this SAME exact issue, I have followed ALL directions there are no extensions, my home page is set to apple.com but it STILL re-directs to SafeFinder :/ please help!

OS
MacOS
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I think I may have SOLVED this! It was the thing I didn't think to try, but did, and now it weirdly worked.

1. Go to Safari >> Preferences
2. Under 'General' change the following:
3. "Safari Opens With:" 'a new window'
3. "New windows open with:" change to 'Empty Page'
4. "New tabs open with:" change to 'Empty Page'
5. Close out, open a new Safari window - it should open blank
6. Now go BACK into your preferences and set them back to "Homepage" and set your own desired home page.
7. That should do it!
8. If not clear cache, clear history, clear all website data under 'Privacy'.

(mine was already previously set to home page and my home page was set correctly and there were NO extensions to delete so that wasn't it - I tried this, which is the equivalent of getting out of the car and getting back in kind of thing. ;) lol