Question SafeToOpen Browser extension user reviews and opinions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

BSONE

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 17, 2024
Shadowra mentioned this on a previous post, so I decided to give it a go. Seems like a very good browser extension. I would be interested in other peoples experience on this. The only negative for me is that it does not give "Green Ticks" on Google search results like Norton.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I'm glad to hear that you decided to give the SafeToOpen browser extension a try based on Shadowra's recommendation! It's always helpful to hear about others' experiences with a particular extension before deciding to use it.

Regarding your concern about the lack of "Green Ticks" on Google search results like Norton, it's important to note that different security tools may have varying ways of indicating the safety of websites. While Norton may use green ticks, SafeToOpen likely uses a different system to convey the safety status of websites.

SafeToOpen focuses on providing comprehensive security features to protect users from malicious websites and potential threats, even if it doesn't use the same visual indicators as Norton. It's always a good idea to consider the overall effectiveness and reliability of an extension rather than just the specific visual cues it provides.

If you have any specific questions or would like more information about SafeToOpen or any other browser extensions, feel free to ask!

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Ckeck this thread:
silversurfer tested SafeToOpen 1636#

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
Have a look at their website SafeToOpen: Experience a Safer Internet

Safe to open uses AI to identify phising and fraud emails and websites. It analysis the visual elements of a website sort of in the same way as facial recognition software works. The AI engine calculates a value. This value is compared with a database of known brands. When the website's value is close to the value they have in their data base (meaning it looks like that website the fraud/scam wants to imitate), but the url is different it it warns you. For performance reasons this analysis is done in two steps (that is why it sometimes asks you whether you allow them to analyse the website's visual elements).

Because it is a completely different approach, you can combine Safe to Open with Norton or BitdefenderTrafficLight

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.