Advice Request Safety of this Config without running AV

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

VoodooShield, WIndows Firewall Control, UAC at Max with require trusted path for credential entry enabled, OSArmor almost maxed out with all UAC bypasses blocked.

Safe?

I'd go with VoodooShield, WFC, UAC and Hitmanpro on-demand, then run sysHardener and call it a day. No need to run OSArmor IMO, it's not going to offer much (if anything) the above won't already offer.

Chimaira

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 5, 2018
I'd go with VoodooShield, WFC, UAC and Hitmanpro on-demand, then run sysHardener and call it a day. No need to run OSArmor IMO, it's not going to offer much (if anything) the above won't already offer.

I'll give that a try then, that also reminds me I have run sysHardener I just forgot to mention it.

Reactions: AtlBo and Rengar
D

Deleted member 65228

Then you're completely covered. No need to keep this many though. HMP & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware would suffice along with the kitchen sink.:LOL:
Malwarebytes bought AdwCleaner so you are wasting your time using AdwCleaner now. All of the detections will be picked up in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now AFAIK.

Malwarebytes also bought Junkware Removal Tool awhile back.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
What if you are connected to a home/domain group and one of those PCs got an infection with a worm? then you will be infected too since you have no Av to detect that worm! your tools not gonna detect anything just block or allow?and probably handless against worms and such infections.Opcode can Anti Exe handle infections that come from the shared network?

Reactions: AtlBo and Chimaira

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.