Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
constant, non-stop, disk access
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
disabled scheduled scan, checked running apps
Ok this time there is no scheduled scan that could run in wrong day of the week than what planned.

To better describe the issue I have uploaded a very short video, you should also hear the constant Buzz of the disk. I have no idea of what app is doing that, I started to think it is not an app but the system, probably using the disk as virtual memory (?) how do I check if there is to fix paging file or similar stuff? Memory looks to be ok, if I reboot the issue stops.

Video: Constant disk access (with sound)

edit: if I restart the PC it does not resolve the issue. If I shut it down and then start it again the noise grow stronger for some time, then after the system is fully loaded it returns at doing the same usual sound (video above). From power on to windows logon it takes 60 seconds. Then from login confirmation to fully loaded system it takes another about 70/80 seconds. Days ago shutting down the PC resolved.

edit 2: here is a resource monitor view, if this can help:

49488ec6.jpg

Last edited:

Elpibe

Level 3
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
If you enter safe mode you have the same issue? In my noob experience the 90-100% disk usage was cause by windows update, i had to manually check for updates (even when it says its all update) and wait untill they were installed. Even if it is a Software problem you should check the HDD (for the time it takes you to load OS i think its a HDD) with a program like Hard Disk Sentinel.

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
If you enter safe mode you have the same issue? In my noob experience the 90-100% disk usage was cause by windows update, i had to manually check for updates (even when it says its all update) and wait untill they were installed. Even if it is a Software problem you should check the HDD (for the time it takes you to load OS i think its a HDD) with a program like Hard Disk Sentinel.
My version is 1809 but windows update (I manually checked) show no updates available. I have Crystal Disk Info if thats ok?

68639a47.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.