Real-time security
Kaspersky Internet Security 2019
OSArmor
Firewall security
About custom security
Kaspersky Internet Security 2019

Configuration of Application Control

Trust Group For Unknown Applications : Untrusted
Deny the access of Untrusted Application to D Drive ( where my personal files /movies/songs /documents etc are stored )

File Antivirus
Heuristic Analysis : Deep Scan
Scan only new and changed Files : On
File Type : File Scanned by Format

Settings are Password Protected.
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Antimalware Free (Weekly Scan)
Malwarebytes Free
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Malwarebytes Browser Extension
LastPass
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner Free
File and Photo backup
Google Drive / Mega
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Downloading malware samples
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Acer Aspire E5-575G , i5-6200U @ 2.40GHz , DDR4 12GB RAM, Windows on 240 GB SSD Kingston,

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@sampath7:
  • You don't need Trend Micro Ransombuster, and specially with TAM enabled and Unknown Apps to Untrusted.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, hanks for sharing :giggle:

samrex

Thread author
Feb 7, 2016
Thanks all for the Suggestions :)
Yes you are correct . I removed Trend Micro Ransombuster and added OSArmor .
Installed Macrium Reflect Free too.

Also thinking about adding 360 Document Protector or AppCheck Free. (Not decided yet)

Regarding the Windows Admin Account. Admin Account is used only by me and Other users are given standard (non admin) accounts. :) So no worries I guess.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Well....I still reluctant to use only KIS. Not because it lack any protection but for the peace of my mind :D
Then you can also consider Voodooshield or novirusthanks exe radar pro. I strongly agree with the rest. If you have KIS with TAM enabled you don't need anything. Just a good adblocker like AdGuard and SysHardener to harden your OS. The rest are redundant. You can keep Malwarebytes as an on demand scanner.

fredgo

Level 1
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Regarding the Windows Admin Account. Admin Account is used only by me and Other users are given standard (non admin) accounts. :) So no worries I guess.
Nope. You yourself don't want to be running as admin, create a new normal account for yourself and leave the admin one alone

samrex

Thread author
Feb 7, 2016
Well because of the way I use my computer, that (using a standard Acc) may be quite inconvenient and annoying. With the UAC enabled to always notify and the experience I already have about the best security practises, I don't think its a must. Thanks though ;)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Well....I still reluctant to use only KIS. Not because it lack any protection but for the peace of my mind :D
Put paranoia aside my friend, KIS is more than suitable for your daily habits if you do common sense tasks and have sensible browsing habits, never go overkill in the name of security paranoia.

All in all, great config my friend, thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

samrex

Thread author
Feb 7, 2016
Put paranoia aside my friend, KIS is more than suitable for your daily habits if you do common sense tasks and have sensible browsing habits, never go overkill in the name of security paranoia.

All in all, great config my friend, thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

You are absolutely correct my friend :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.