Sand Security Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sand

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 9, 2016
1) I set up a VM with AppGuard and ReHIPS to start studying them for a future changement;
2) I will set up another VM with Comodo Firewall to study that too.

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Not much difference for competing products.
You'd use VoodooShield for default-deny if ever that happens? Since VoodooShield and Sandboxie are quite effective. Though you didn't mention Sandboxie license.

Sand

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 9, 2016
I already use VodooShield as one layer, but not the only one. Is one point I will keep stable because of good development.
For me there are many differences in the security suite as they need to deal with other things I use like DNScrypt, and some product don't work well with it, like KIS2017. Sandboxie, I use Sandboxie 5.19.4.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Why have you installed windows firewall control? Doesn't Eset IS already has a firewall?
Running two firewalls at the same time may cause issues just like running two AVs.
Too many realtime scanners for my taste, well if it works then good for you.
Thanks for sharing your config.

Reactions: Sand

Sand

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 9, 2016
Because I can control what happen with no much problems, exporting and editing .xml configuration.
Yes has already a firewall.
As I said, every product has custom rules, The Antivirus work for when there is no connection for ZAM, ZAM work with the Antivirus when there is cloud, VodooShield work with Cloud as Anti-Exe. Hitman Pro Alert is configured to not conflict with ESET Payment Protection is disabled.

If I encounter problems, like with ESET loading 192.168.1.1, or Hitman Pro Alert accessing same page on TP-LINK router I will delete them. From when I use dd-wrt I solved problem with Hitman Pro Alert and for now ESET do things I know, when he starts behave bad I remove it.

Reactions: brambedkar59

Sand

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 9, 2016
Changelog:

-Removed Aomei Backupper, Added Macrium Reflect;
-Installed a Raspberry Pi PiHole DNS Server;

Waiting to take any further actions until new version of Hitman Pro Alert and Zemana are released,

Regards to you friends, and thanks for Suggestions, appreciated ;)

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Sand

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 9, 2016
Changelog:

-Removed Eset Internet Security;
-Removed Unchecky;
-Removed Zemana AntiMalware due to lack of development and no bug fix over these months

Setted on realtime only VodooShield, and HitmanPro Alert, and Sandboxie, still using Adguard lifetime.

Router login on SSH port 22 changed to using only RSA2048, instead of password, due to events of guys nmapping me

Sand

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 9, 2016
Changelog:

-Resolved PiHole IPv6 AAAA not blocked;
-Added only RSA login also on Raspberry PiHole;
-Unchecky hosts files added to PiHole list;

Evaluating if switching the default ssh port 22 to something else, I don't know if RSA can be bruteforced in some way or has some bugs.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I already use VodooShield as one layer, but not the only one. Is one point I will keep stable because of good development.
For me there are many differences in the security suite as they need to deal with other things I use like DNScrypt, and some product don't work well with it, like KIS2017. Sandboxie, I use Sandboxie 5.19.4.
KIS works fine with DNSCrypt here.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
You can edit your original post above to reflect what you have now for security, which as it appears above had looked over kill, but the changes seem to tone it done some to a more well rounded configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.