Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
yeah i read it on MS website. but since it was MS who said that,i didn't trust them :D

ng4ever

Level 11
Verified
Not if you don't use it. I have a lifetime license and barely use it. To much of a hassle to use. Though I do use Sandboxie when testing out different firefox addons and software.

Reactions: dinosaur07

overdivine

Level 2
Verified
i don't trust software that changes owners. taking technology and implementing it in their products yes. same product different owner no

whizkidraj

Level 8
I thought to open up a thread, but I thought it might already be posted somewhere i.e related to this. Anyways, can anyone direct me to a link to some news where sandboxie mentioned why they stopped selling lifetime licenses, or if someone knows the reason and some announcement done somewhere related to it.

aragornnnn

Level 11
Verified
I thought to open up a thread, but I thought it might already be posted somewhere i.e related to this. Anyways, can anyone direct me to a link to some news where sandboxie mentioned why they stopped selling lifetime licenses, or if someone knows the reason and some announcement done somewhere related to it.
Official post was located here: http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16676 but seems to be dead now.
Anyways here is what they said:

"To ensure future growth of Sandboxie, the licensing model shifts today from a lifetime licensing model to an annual licensing model.

Licenses issued in the past which did not include an expiration date will remain without expiration date, and may be used on more than one computer, per past licensing terms.

All new licenses issued starting today will expire in one year after initial activation of the product key, and are limited to one computer per one product key.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Official post was located here: http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16676 but seems to be dead now.
Anyways here is what they said:

"To ensure future growth of Sandboxie, the licensing model shifts today from a lifetime licensing model to an annual licensing model.

Licenses issued in the past which did not include an expiration date will remain without expiration date, and may be used on more than one computer, per past licensing terms.

All new licenses issued starting today will expire in one year after initial activation of the product key, and are limited to one computer per one product key.
Thanks a lot! :)