Sandboxie Plus (SBIE Fork) is Now Approved by Microsoft

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Many know SBIE was released by Sophos early this year as open source with version 5.33.6 the last Sophos-developed version. Sadly, this final SBIE version does not work optimally with chromium version 86 and higher.

A fork, Sandboxie Plus, has been developed by DavidXanatos when the code became open-source; however, this had been problematic to install on machines with Secure Boot enabled. The developer has worked very hard to get his versions running smoothly and get his software driver approved by Microsoft. He has finally succeeded.

Here is the thread at Wilders offering the latest Sandboxie Plus version compatible with Windows 8 and 10! He's still working on getting the latest version working optimally with Windows 7--the below thread has all the details on that. The installer is not signed so Smart Screen may object to it.

Note: I'm not sandboxing anything at the moment. Sandboxie Plus is free but donations are definitely welcome. Anyone running this? Please comment if you like.

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
Many know SBIE was released by Sophos early this year as open source with version 5.33.6 the last Sophos-developed version.
Lol I've only just realized. Until now I've still been happily using the older Sophos version 5.33.6.

Thanks for the heads-up, now to get reading the release notes.

Anyone running this? Please comment if you like.
Yes, please do. Also, which of the two versions are people choosing, the Plus version I'm guessing. Cheers plat1098

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.