Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Sandboxie+ Release v0.9.7 / 5.52.1
https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/0.9.7

Note: Pre-release

This is a test build which includes a lot of internal changes, required for future features and improvements.
This build changes how the sandboxie.ini is handled, hence it is recommended to create a backup just in case.

If you have issues with an update installation, just uninstall the previous version keeping the sandboxie.ini and reinstall the new build.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Thanks alot, bjm_ :)

A clean install of Classic v. 5.22.2--then Microsoft Edge required like four re-starts before everything loaded properly and in sync. At one point, Edge opened on a page with all my extensions disabled.

I'm wondering if the known issue of the disappearing sandbox was related to my sporadic observation of Edge/boxed suddenly disappearing from the desktop. Hasn't happened yet but will monitor and post if anything comes up.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Thanks alot, bjm_ :)

A clean install of Classic v. 5.22.2--then Microsoft Edge required like four re-starts before everything loaded properly and in sync. At one point, Edge opened on a page with all my extensions disabled.

I'm wondering if the known issue of the disappearing sandbox was related to my sporadic observation of Edge/boxed suddenly disappearing from the desktop. Hasn't happened yet but will monitor and post if anything comes up.
Hi! So the classic version has all the necessary functionalities? Basically sandboxing is all I need. Any extra not so related features are not really needed. I don't usually use Sandboxie so wanted to be sure.

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Sorry, I've not tested Classic 5.52.1 installer nor Classic 5.52.2 installer...at this time.
I've only tested Plus 0.9.7 installer and Plus 0.9.7b installer.
With Plus 0.9.7 installer and Plus 0.9.7b installer. Classic UI = no Edge box.
I'm back with Plus 0.9.6...at this time.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nevi and plat

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
@plat1098
I dusted off my dust collector machine.
From 5.51.6 with 10 boxes -> over-install Classic 5.52.1 installer = 9 boxes - no Edge box.
From 5.51.6 with 10 boxes -> over-install Classic 5.52.2 installer = 9 boxes - no Edge box

Edit: back to 5.51.6 with 10 boxes.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Nevi and plat

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I dusted off my dust collector machine.
From 5.51.6 with 10 boxes -> over-install Classic 5.52.1 installer = 9 boxes - no Edge box.
From 5.51.6 with 10 boxes -> over-install Classic 5.52.2 installer = 9 boxes - no Edge box
Are you saying you can't get Edge in the box? It does work on here with a Default box config. Hmmm, people have some problems with these latest builds, it seems. So far, things are OK on here but config is very basic and confined to Edge browser at the moment. I'll keep an eye on it. I have the turquoise border on Edge shown in snip.

bandicam 2021-10-04 18-28-49-171.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Nevi and bjm_

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Are you saying you can't get Edge in the box?
I'm saying my Edge box goes AWOL with 5.52.1 & 5.52.2
5.51.6 has 10 boxes. 9 boxes + Edge box = 10 boxes.
5.52.1 & 5.52.1 has 9 boxes - no Edge box.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: plat

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Sandboxie+ Release v0.9.7c / 5.52.3
https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/0.9.7c

This is a test build which includes a lot of internal changes, required for future features and improvements.
This build changes how the sandboxie.ini is handled, hence it is recommended to create a backup just in case.

This build fixes two issues handling sandboxie.ini introduced in the 0.9.7 build

If you have issues with an update installation, just uninstall the previous version keeping the sandboxie.ini and reinstall the new build.

FYI: the installer was not signed in order to provide a quick fix.
https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/discussions/1240#discussioncomment-1429630

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: plat

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Sandboxie+ Release v0.9.7d / 5.52.4
https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/0.9.7d

This build fixes two issues handling sandboxie.ini introduced in the 0.9.7 build

You can support the project through donations, any help will be greatly appreciated.
FYI: the installer is not signed to release the bug fixes faster.

Edit: 0.9.7d includes SbieCtrl

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Edge SmartScreen demo pages report wrong in Edge sbox with 0.9.7d
Edge SmartScreen reports downloads wrong in Edge sbox with 0.9.7d

Edge 94.0.992.38

Edit: Edge SmartScreen needs Default RPC Port Binding enabled.
Edge SmartScreen okay, now...with Default RPC Port Binding enabled.
0.9.7e

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Sandboxie+ Release v0.9.7e / 5.52.5
https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/0.9.7e

[0.9.7e / 5.52.5] - 2021-10-09
Changed
[*]reworked the settings handling once again, now the driver maintains the order when enumerating,
-- but for good performance there is a hash map held in paralell for quick exact lookups

FYI: installer is Signed

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.