Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Version 4.10
Released on 22 May 2014.

These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 4.08:

• The Excel clipboard problem "The picture is too large and will be truncated." has been fixed.
  • Fixed the following startup errors on the Dell Venue and other Win 8.1 tablets. SBIE2336 Error in GUI server: 11 / C0000021?. SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process Start.exe 88/0?
  • Fixed for Windows 8.1 update KB2919355.
  • Fixed several additional C0000142 (STATUS_DLL_INIT_FAILED) bugs. These could also show up as "CRT not initialized" or "DLL failed to initialize" errors and could also sometimes cause the sandboxed application to crash on start.
  • Incompatibility with FFX 27 and Avast that caused FFX to run with no visible windows.
  • Chrome crash when reporting an issue under Tools->Report an issue...
  • Fixed a problem with DFS drives (Distributed File System)
  • The "InjectDll" setting would sometimes cause DLL initialization to fail with the message "CRT not initialized" or "DLL failed to initialize".
http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?VersionChanges#v_4_10

Download

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
try to run the viruses from yesterday the 35 viruses pack, there is ransomware inside, it will lock your computer.
just download the pack and test, but test it on vm, i tested it on a real pc
facepalm.jpg

don't evAr test malwares on the real machines (except "junk" computers for testing purposes) :)

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
try to run the viruses from yesterday the 35 viruses pack, there is ransomware inside, it will lock your computer.
just download the pack and test, but test it on vm, i tested it on a real pc
You tested it in a sandbox and it locked up your computer? What happened when you rebooted?

Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
You tested it in a sandbox and it locked up your computer? What happened when you rebooted?
reboot? u can't reboot, only force shutdown
im using another protection timefreez so i can't tell who fix the problem.
using timefreeze can save your day.

why not tring yourself if you want ill upload the ransomware or just download the pack its call video...

D

Deleted member 178

i wished you made a small video...so we could see the setting and how you ran the packs in it

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
its not junk but it is for testing only.
i have 2 os install and HBCD ready on the drive.
so the photo not exactly me;)
You could mistakenly run into some cryptolocker that could encrypt all of your data on all of your partitions. If you test malwares on the real machine just lock other partitions to be not accessible by OS, or if you don't mind formatting your HDD just don't keep important files on your computer.
Have a nice day, and be safe ;)

D

Deleted member 178

Btw tested the said malware in a real win8.1.1 system with Sbie 4.10 in default setting : no bypass , just explorer get frozen and need hard reboot. Sbie still protect the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.