64-bit OS
Security Updates
Automatic Updates - All security and feature updates
User Access Control
Always Notify
Firewall
3rd-party Firewall - Network security provided by a trusted vendor
Device Security
Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
User Account
Standard - User has some control over the settings
Recent Security Incidents
No malware or privacy issues
Malware Testing
None - No Malware on host PC or VM
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
Eset Smart Security
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
HitManPro Free.
Browsers and Extensions
Chrome
Firefox
Vivaldi
HTTPS Everywhere
LastPass
Web Privacy
VPN service
uBlock Origin
System Utilities
Windows tools
Data Backup
Easeus Todo Backup
Frequency of Data backups
Monthly
System Backup
Easeus Todo Backup
Frequency of System backups
Rarely
Computer Activity
Browsing web and email
Install new programs on a weekly basis
Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
Office and work related tasks
Video or photography editing
Computer Specifications
lenovi L440
i5, 4GB, 250 SSD
GPU integrated

harlan4096

Staff member
Malware Hunter
Verified
You have 2 security solutions in resident protection running at the same time, not recommended...

EAM is antimalware solution. What is wrong?
That's why, You don't need one of them, in this case probably better stay with EAM, since Smart is the simplest product from ESET.

ESET Smart or Smart Premium?

gery79

Level 6
not advisable to have two antivirus software in a computer . Unless EAMkit which is something else . Stick to one of them definitely . whichever you like . both EAM and ESET atr very good

Reactions: satria

AriDfoix

Level 3
:) Hello @satria strange things can happen using two AVs or three in the case of Windows on the same machine, my honest thought is that unless particular needs, you could use Windows Defender with some tweaks of security and performances.

Then, if you feel that Windows Defender is not capable of protecting you from the wild, you can try one of those two names, my tip, be sure to do an accurate removal when you will have make your choice, some programs are known for the huge amount of leftovers :)

If you choose to keep EAM, ESET offers very good removal tool from their page,

If you choose to keep ESET, I am sure EAM offers good tools too,

Be sure that Windows Defender is disabled, if you choose one of the previous solutions

Regards :cool:

satria

Level 3
:) Hello @satria strange things can happen using two AVs or three in the case of Windows on the same machine, my honest thought is that unless particular needs, you could use Windows Defender with some tweaks of security and performances.

Then, if you feel that Windows Defender is not capable of protecting you from the wild, you can try one of those two names, my tip, be sure to do an accurate removal when you will have make your choice, some programs are known for the huge amount of leftovers :)

If you choose to keep EAM, ESET offers very good removal tool from their page,

If you choose to keep ESET, I am sure EAM offers good tools too,

Be sure that Windows Defender is disabled, if you choose one of the previous solutions

Regards :cool:
Thank you for your advice. I think I keep Eset and use Emsisift Emergency Kit as a removal tool.

harlan4096

Staff member
Malware Hunter
Verified
@satria:
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and HitManPro Free.
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add uBlock Origin or AdGuard AdBlocker extension to Your browsers, also specify which VPN service are You using.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle: