64-bit
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Standard
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    None - No Malware on host PC or VM
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Eset Smart Security
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Emsisoft Emergency Kit
    HitManPro Free.
    Browsers and Extensions
    Chrome
    Firefox
    Vivaldi
    HTTPS Everywhere
    LastPass
    Web Privacy
    VPN service
    uBlock Origin
    System Utilities
    Windows tools
    Data Backup
    Easeus Todo Backup
    Frequency of Data backups
    Monthly
    System Backup
    Easeus Todo Backup
    Frequency of System backups
    Rarely
    Computer Activity
  • Browsing web and email
  • Install new programs on a weekly basis
  • Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
  • Office and work related tasks
  • Video or photography editing
  • Computer Specifications
    lenovi L440
    i5, 4GB, 250 SSD
    GPU integrated

harlan4096

Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    Verified
    You have 2 security solutions in resident protection running at the same time, not recommended...

EAM is antimalware solution. What is wrong?
    That's why, You don't need one of them, in this case probably better stay with EAM, since Smart is the simplest product from ESET.

ESET Smart or Smart Premium?

satria

Level 3
    You have 2 security solutions in resident protection running at the same time, not recommended...

That's why, You don't need one of them, in this case probably better stay with EAM, since Smart is the simplest product from ESET.

ESET Smart or Smart Premium?
    Eset Smart

Reactions: Seyyed Akram

gery79

Level 6
    not advisable to have two antivirus software in a computer . Unless EAMkit which is something else . Stick to one of them definitely . whichever you like . both EAM and ESET atr very good

Reactions: satria

AriDfoix

Level 3
    :) Hello @satria strange things can happen using two AVs or three in the case of Windows on the same machine, my honest thought is that unless particular needs, you could use Windows Defender with some tweaks of security and performances.

Then, if you feel that Windows Defender is not capable of protecting you from the wild, you can try one of those two names, my tip, be sure to do an accurate removal when you will have make your choice, some programs are known for the huge amount of leftovers :)

If you choose to keep EAM, ESET offers very good removal tool from their page,

If you choose to keep ESET, I am sure EAM offers good tools too,

Be sure that Windows Defender is disabled, if you choose one of the previous solutions

Regards :cool:

satria

Level 3
    :) Hello @satria strange things can happen using two AVs or three in the case of Windows on the same machine, my honest thought is that unless particular needs, you could use Windows Defender with some tweaks of security and performances.

Then, if you feel that Windows Defender is not capable of protecting you from the wild, you can try one of those two names, my tip, be sure to do an accurate removal when you will have make your choice, some programs are known for the huge amount of leftovers :)

If you choose to keep EAM, ESET offers very good removal tool from their page,

If you choose to keep ESET, I am sure EAM offers good tools too,

Be sure that Windows Defender is disabled, if you choose one of the previous solutions

Regards :cool:
    Thank you for your advice. I think I keep Eset and use Emsisift Emergency Kit as a removal tool.

harlan4096

Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    Verified
    @satria:
    • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and HitManPro Free.
    • As for "Web Privacy", You may add uBlock Origin or AdGuard AdBlocker extension to Your browsers, also specify which VPN service are You using.
    Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle: