Question Scan only new and modified files on or off for quick scan and full scan? Kaspersky Standard

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Scan only new and modified files on or off for quick scan and full scan?

Will this feature lower the detection rate for hidden malware or malware infected files after I turn on this feature?

I already did initial quick and full scan and both came out clean.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I have it on for Full Scans, although I NEVER run them :) and disabled for Quick Scans...
Oh okay

Will this feature lower the detection rate for hidden malware and malware infected files after I turn on this feature?

Will this feature also lower detection rate for malware that haven't detected in the current signature database that I ran the scan then turn on this feature?

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
if something is running on your system that shouldn't be Kaspersky's system watcher will hunt it down like a russian cruise missile and alert you. If not that's a very very very new piece of malware that a full scan is going to do you no good anyway.

Last edited:

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
if something is running on your system that shouldn't be Kaspersky's system watcher will hunt it down like a russian cruise missile and alert you. If not that's a very very very new piece of malware that a full scan is going to do you no good anyway.
System Watcher is extremely effective at blocking malware. Kaspersky's scanner is good but not that good, it relies on BB more.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.