S

Sr. Normal

I am presently using WFN_1.9.0 along with the basic Windows Firewall. Do you still want me to try OAF. thankyou.
Is good have notifications, it is easier take the controll , but HIPS prevents changes to your operating system (registry, programs that load at startup, pop ups...), without your permission. Comodo and OAF has a very long list when granting permissions .

I understand that for good security is necessary HIPS , but that's just my opinion. They are free programs , you can not lose anything by trying them. I prefer OAF for be easier to use at first , but Comodo incorporates Sandbox.
When you greet @Cats-4_Owners-2 he will recommend you Sandboxie , If you will not use ComodoFirewall, give an opportunity to his good recommendation

Kind regards

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
Thank-you for catching me napping, just my laziness stopped me from writing SP1.
Hi scot, it seems we drive the same Windows 7 Home Premium systems (SP1), and I am *laughing* because it is the favorite computer at my house including two others (1) Windows 8.1 & an old XP dual booted with linux lubuntu. Everyone tries to get on the Windows 7 first, and if my wife wasn't busying herself with things in the kitchen it would be she sitting upon the preferred "Windows" seat,:p but (instead) I've found your configuration (thank you for sharing it!:D) while backing up her computer before freeing myself to drink delicious coffee.:) You've chosen some of my favorite extensions and software as well, and I like your configuration a lot!:):)
Is good have notifications, it is easier take the controll , but HIPS prevents changes to your operating system (registry, programs that load at startup, pop ups...), without your permission. Comodo and OAF has a very long list when granting permissions .

I understand that for good security is necessary HIPS , but that's just my opinion. They are free programs , you can not lose anything by trying them. I prefer OAF for be easier to use at first , but Comodo incorporates Sandbox.
When you greet @Cats-4_Owners-2 he will recommend you Sandboxie , If you will not use ComodoFirewall, give an opportunity to his good recommendation

Kind regards
I was warmly touched how Sr. Normal knew I'd like to share about using the free sandboxing software known as Sandboxie. It has a fascinating history Sandboxie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

When you open a browser inside of a sandbox, all changes (updates, downloads, & browser settings) are kept temporarily, & only until the sandbox is deleted. Think of it as having a raincoat that keeps you dry, but if you'd like to allow lasting changes such as a Chrome update, it's must first be removed from it's sandbox. It's a great way to test drive new extensions before deciding whether you wish to commit to keeping. Most of all, it protects your system from unwanted, & easily overlooked, changes.
Read more about it here:
..and thanks for sharing a configuration I'd be happy to call my own!;):cool:

Last edited:
S

Sr. Normal

I was warmly touched how Sr. Normal knew I'd like to share about using the free sandboxing software known as Sandboxie. It has a facinating history https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandboxie.
With the greatest respect. :)

I know when you can recommend it,;) I only give the name and then enjoy your explanation , it is always a pleasure to read you with your personal style.

Good weekend to everyone, me not tomorrow i will go to see my mother in law . AAAARGH ! :mad::mad:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
@scot, it felt good to review your configuration once more! Isn't it amazing how one can improve on an already good set up?o_O
Your backup solutions are impressive, and (for obvious reasons) reading 'sandboxie' listed placed a smile upon my face!:cool:

Opera, from my personal experience, is among the better Chromium browsers.
Here, I'll submit how I set third party cookies to be blocked. (..in case you don't already do this.);)

1. Click the menu
    on Opera's browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings,
  3. Scroll to the page's bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under "Privacy", click on the Content settings button.
  5. Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Also, you may choose to mark the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser".
Lastly, using "Incognito" clears history & cookies once the session ends.:):)

Thanks!:D

scot

Level 8
Verified
Have you found a solution to solve the issues between MBAM Premium and RollBack Rx Pro or have you just disabled the Rootkit scanning in Mbam.

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 178

Have you found a solution to solve the issues between MBAM Premium and RollBack Rx Pro or have you just disabled the Rootkit scanning in Mbam.
i dont have any issues between them, even by running rootkit scans

scot

Level 8
Verified
I thought that was not possible and uninstalled MBAM.
Can you help by telling me how i can't have any issues between them, even by running rootkit scans.