scot's confiq.

S

Sr. Normal

I am presently using WFN_1.9.0 along with the basic Windows Firewall. Do you still want me to try OAF. thankyou.

Is good have notifications, it is easier take the controll , but HIPS prevents changes to your operating system (registry, programs that load at startup, pop ups...), without your permission. Comodo and OAF has a very long list when granting permissions .

I understand that for good security is necessary HIPS , but that's just my opinion. They are free programs , you can not lose anything by trying them. I prefer OAF for be easier to use at first , but Comodo incorporates Sandbox.
When you greet @Cats-4_Owners-2 he will recommend you Sandboxie , If you will not use ComodoFirewall, give an opportunity to his good recommendation

Kind regards

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank-you for catching me napping, just my laziness stopped me from writing SP1.
Hi scot, it seems we drive the same Windows 7 Home Premium systems (SP1), and I am *laughing* because it is the favorite computer at my house including two others (1) Windows 8.1 & an old XP dual booted with linux lubuntu. Everyone tries to get on the Windows 7 first, and if my wife wasn't busying herself with things in the kitchen it would be she sitting upon the preferred "Windows" seat,:p but (instead) I've found your configuration (thank you for sharing it!:D) while backing up her computer before freeing myself to drink delicious coffee.:) You've chosen some of my favorite extensions and software as well, and I like your configuration a lot!:):)
Is good have notifications, it is easier take the controll , but HIPS prevents changes to your operating system (registry, programs that load at startup, pop ups...), without your permission. Comodo and OAF has a very long list when granting permissions .

I understand that for good security is necessary HIPS , but that's just my opinion. They are free programs , you can not lose anything by trying them. I prefer OAF for be easier to use at first , but Comodo incorporates Sandbox.
When you greet @Cats-4_Owners-2 he will recommend you Sandboxie , If you will not use ComodoFirewall, give an opportunity to his good recommendation

Kind regards
I was warmly touched how Sr. Normal knew I'd like to share about using the free sandboxing software known as Sandboxie. It has a fascinating history Sandboxie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

When you open a browser inside of a sandbox, all changes (updates, downloads, & browser settings) are kept temporarily, & only until the sandbox is deleted. Think of it as having a raincoat that keeps you dry, but if you'd like to allow lasting changes such as a Chrome update, it's must first be removed from it's sandbox. It's a great way to test drive new extensions before deciding whether you wish to commit to keeping. Most of all, it protects your system from unwanted, & easily overlooked, changes.
Read more about it here:
..and thanks for sharing a configuration I'd be happy to call my own!;):cool:

Last edited:
S

Sr. Normal

I was warmly touched how Sr. Normal knew I'd like to share about using the free sandboxing software known as Sandboxie. It has a facinating history https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandboxie.

With the greatest respect. :)

I know when you can recommend it,;) I only give the name and then enjoy your explanation , it is always a pleasure to read you with your personal style.

Good weekend to everyone, me not tomorrow i will go to see my mother in law . AAAARGH ! :mad::mad:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@scot, it felt good to review your configuration once more! Isn't it amazing how one can improve on an already good set up?o_O
Your backup solutions are impressive, and (for obvious reasons) reading 'sandboxie' listed placed a smile upon my face!:cool:

Opera, from my personal experience, is among the better Chromium browsers.
Here, I'll submit how I set third party cookies to be blocked. (..in case you don't already do this.);)

1. Click the menu
    IB7eZ2ht1pEixChJA4xp6iejr1xw3rXY_yJNeHgHajBRTzLB0ldIpEFje8gyeB4ydp6xpQpJ=w18-h18
    on Opera's browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings,
  3. Scroll to the page's bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under "Privacy", click on the Content settings button.
  5. Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Also, you may choose to mark the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser".
Lastly, using "Incognito" clears history & cookies once the session ends.:):)

Thanks!:D

scot

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
Have you found a solution to solve the issues between MBAM Premium and RollBack Rx Pro or have you just disabled the Rootkit scanning in Mbam.

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 178

Have you found a solution to solve the issues between MBAM Premium and RollBack Rx Pro or have you just disabled the Rootkit scanning in Mbam.

i dont have any issues between them, even by running rootkit scans

scot

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
I thought that was not possible and uninstalled MBAM.
Can you help by telling me how i can't have any issues between them, even by running rootkit scans.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.