search-operator on chrome for mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

USBholes

Thread author
Jun 28, 2019
So, I've uninstalled all extensions on chrome, ran Malwarebytes and Combo cleaner on my computer, uninstalled / reinstalled chrome, went through my applications and cleaned my cache for chrome. STILL!!!!! my chrome says it's being "managed by an organization" and I cannot get this off my browser. Please, any help would be appreciated. I've done everything I can. Not sure what else there is to do. When I run chrome on my laptop, I don't have this problem. It's just on my iMac which leads me to believe this virus is still somewhere on this computer....Thanks in advance!

ALSO, this has popped up on my computer as search-operator and something along the lines of Mac Cleanup Pro.
Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.37.43 PM.png

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
First, let's check if there's an AdminPrefs file on the device. If it's there, you should remove it.

1. Go to System Preferences.
  2. Click Profiles.
  3. The list will include an item “AdminPrefs“. Select this and click the remove “” button in the lower left corner.
If there isn’t a Profiles icon, you don’t have any profiles installed, which is normal.

Next, to completely remove this browser hijacker from Chrome, we will need to uninstall the browser and delete all data, then reinstall.
To do this, make sure you’re in the Finder, click on Go > Go to Folder, then go to the below folders and delete the below files or folders.

Code:
/Applications/Chrome.app
/Library/Application Support/Google/
/Library/Google/
~/Library/Application Support/Google/
~/Library/Google/
~/Library/Preferences/com.google.Chrome.plist

Be aware that this will delete all data for all Google apps you have installed, such as Chrome bookmarks. Export any data you want to keep beforehand.

Be sure to delete the correct item, as deleting the wrong item could cause data loss or even damage to your system or other apps. Once they're moved to the trash, click Empty.

After deleting all these files, restart the computer. Then re-download Chrome and reinstall. You will need to import any exported bookmarks or other data, and may need to reinstall any other Google apps that you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.