Search Protect by Conduit....Removal help please?!

Mitramonday

Thread author
Dec 9, 2013
[attachment=6496][attachment=6497][attachment=6498]

I went into my Programs/Features to check for items I didn't recognise - and discovered via Microsoft Forum that Search Protect by Conduit is a malware. When I try to remove it, I get a pop-up box telling me I do not have sufficient access to uninstall it and to contact my systems administrator. I am the ONLY person who uses this computer....so who is my systems administrator?! I don't appear to have any of the other things like BrotherSoft Extreme2 B1 Toolbar, Search Protected by conduit, Conduit Apps Toolbar? As you can probably tell from this post, I am a self-confessed techno-phobe, so any answers in words of one syllable, please?!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    25 KB · Views: 213
  • aswMBR.txt
    413 bytes · Views: 93
  • FRST.txt
    41.4 KB · Views: 217

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.

Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.

• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

Then...

Re-run FRST, check Addition.txt, press Scan and attach both reports.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.