Second Try At Future Config: What Do You Think?

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
After my first post on an attempt to create a better config, almost everyone disagreed with the config. After some thought and research, I realised that the configuration I presented was pretty stupid. Here is my second try at creating a possible future set up for myself. Let me know what you think!

Firewall: KIS

HIPS: Hitmanpro Alert

Virtualization: Sandboxie, Viirtual Box

Back up storage: 1 TB external storage & Amazon Drive

SIU: Macrium Reflect

Anti-Exploit: Hitmanpro Alert

Second Opinion/On Demand Scanners: Zemana, Emsisoft Emergancy Kit, Hitmanpro

Realtime Scanner: KIS

Behaviour Blocking: KIS

Browsers: Firefox & Tor

Browser extensions/add-ons (Firefox): Ublock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, LastPass, NoScript, Avira Browser Safety, Nimbus Screenshot, Grammarly

Other: Spybot Anti-Beacon, NordVPN, Universal Text Encryption Tool, Veracrypt, CCleaner, Wise Disk Cleaner

DNS: NordVPN DNS

Basically just KIS and HMPA with some extra tools, browser add-ons, and a VPN.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 65219

It's look good to me in general.
-But I'm suggest to remove hitman pro alert, because kaspersky has strong built in anti-exploit. ( I hate software conflict and by my experience hitman pro has bad history )
- I think you better remove Spybot ant-beacon too. this kind of softwares can damage windows functionality.

believe me if Microsoft want to Collect data,nothing can stop it ( Except isolation )

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
It's look good to me in general.
-But I'm suggest to remove hitman pro alert, because kaspersky has strong built in anti-exploit. ( I hate software conflict and by my experience hitman pro has bad history )
- I think you better remove Spybot ant-beacon too. this kind of softwares can damage windows functionality.

believe me if Microsoft want to Collect data,nothing can stop it ( Except isolation )

I'll see if HMPA conflicts with Kaspersky, or disable Kaspersky's anti-exploit.

While if Microsoft can spy on me if they really wanted to, all I need is to make sure they have no reason to focus on me and make it as hard as possible to spy on me. Encryption, anti-telementary, VPNs, modifiing settings, and opting out on everything will give me the best privacy possible while using windows 10. So while it may not be perfect, it is much better than the average user.

Thanks for your thoughts! Never knew Kaspersky added a anti-exploit. :eek:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.