Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Any problem with running the latest version of SecureAPlus + Kaspersky Total Security 2016, on Windows 10 x64?
I am presently running this combo and I don't perceive any conflicts or slowdowns.

I am aware that Kaspersky has its own anti-executable, called TAM, but I find SecureAPlus to be more user-friendly than TAM, and I like the cloud protection it provides, since I have a problem connecting to the Kaspersky Cloud Service.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Any problem with running the latest version of SecureAPlus + Kaspersky Total Security 2016, on Windows 10 x64?
I am presently running this combo and I don't perceive any conflicts or slowdowns.

I am aware that Kaspersky has its own anti-executable, called TAM, but I find SecureAPlus to be more user-friendly than TAM, and I like the cloud protection it provides, since I have a problem connecting to the Kaspersky Cloud Service.
I don't understand. You're using both of those simultaneously without any problems and you're asking if there are any?
Of course you can use them both, but the question is if it is really needed since KIS is a absolute top of security software.

Reactions: harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't understand. You're using both of those simultaneously without any problems and you're asking if there are any?
Of course you can use them both, but the question is if it is really needed since KIS is a absolute top of security software.
I am asking whether someone knows about compatibility problems that are not immediately noticeable to the user. There are some things you can't always tell just from ordinary use, unless you do more extensive testing.
Kaspersky is for sure a hard-to-beat security suite, but I think I explained in my initial post why I want to supplement it.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
As I understand it's a non-resolvable KSN issue, as the problem lies with your ISP?
Source: KSN not syncing
I really think so. My ISP takes responsibility for the problem. I told Kaspersky about my ISP's complaint, that Kapsersky keeps changing the IP address of their server, and my ISP can't keep up with it, due to my ISP's strict content filtering policy. Kaspersky just ignored this info. Instead, Kaspersky support periodically gets back to me about the issue and tells me to delete this from my computer and that from my computer and try this and try that. I eventually got tired of their rigmarole and decided to just live with the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.