SecureAPlus APEX Deep Learning beta (Registration is open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
anyone know how to turn off the periodic scan for the universal AV? The scanner run for 15-20 minutes every time I reboot the computer or resume from sleep. Disabling the regular scan option will also disable the universal AV completely.

Last edited:

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
anyone know how to turn off the periodic scan for the universal AV? The scanner run for 15-20 minutes every time I reboot the computer or resume from sleep. Disabling the regular scan option will also disable the universal AV completely.
You can turn off periodic scan for Universal AV., by turning off "Universal AV Regular Scanning".
qYsJ6F2.png

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
You can turn off periodic scan for Universal AV., by turning off "Universal AV Regular Scanning".
qYsJ6F2.png
It seem to be bug cause by removing ClamAV from the installation. Reinstall and disable the offline ClamAV seem to resolved. Running for 24 hours with several reboots in between. It seem disabling the periodic also disable the universal AV.

1535206487435.png

The new Apex version run along side with Norton and kaspersky on different computer without any problem. I like how SecureAplus only kick in when it is scanning new or modify when comparing with other anti-exe or second opinion scanner. Didn't even see a trace of the process in task manager on my normal use.

Attachments

• 1535206444681.png
    1535206444681.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
It would be nice if I could just have Universal AV + APEX and turn off Whitelisting, because I do not like Whitelisting.
This and a cleaner interface would be great

is this universal scan needed ? Is it ok to turn off?
I have the same question, if there is a real time scanner already what is the purpose of running background scans on every boot? at least we should be able to make this configurable, like every 7 days or so.

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
So far from my testing on 4 different computers, the universal av seem to want to scan on boot and on manually. What I don't get is that it won't stop scanning when it get triggered. I had let it scan for over six hours and still continue to run. Why call it a real time cloud scanner when it suppose to scan in real time and in cloud, but instead acting like a tradition signature av. It shouldn't have no more than 3 hours for a full scan if it supposed to behave like that.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
So far from my testing on 4 different computers, the universal av seem to want to scan on boot and on manually. What I don't get is that it won't stop scanning when it get triggered. I had let it scan for over six hours and still continue to run. Why call it a real time cloud scanner when it suppose to scan in real time and in cloud, but instead acting like a tradition signature av. It shouldn't have no more than 3 hours for a full scan if it supposed to behave like that.
It shouldn't take that long. Probably the service crashed. You can try to install the following and see whether it solved the issue:
https://secureaplus.secureage.com/betadownload/SecureAPlus_Beta_Setup_v5.0.3.3.exe
If you still have this issue, you can contact secureaplus@secureage.com, and please let us know your SecureAPlus Id.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
SecureAPlus APEX Deep Learning Beta is coming to an end now. We will no longer granting any point for any submission after 2nd October 2018 0:00 GMT+8, except for survey. Please give us 1 week to finalize the points calculation. We thank you all of you that has been supporting our Beta Program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.