App Review CatchPulse Lite 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the CatchPulse test!

CatchPulse is the new anti-malware from Secureage, editor of Secureaplus.
It uses its AI Machine Learning engine + a Cloud network (Universal AV) containing 10 antivirus engines.
The interface is very simple, but covered with bugs, because it is very slow...
Detection level... I have the impression to have mostly an unfinished product!
The sendings in Universal AV do not work... impossible to have a verdict of the engines. APEX never reacted even though it was up to date and activated!

The machine is thus compromised by various Trojan, I admit that I am very disappointed...
Not recommended for the moment, or opt for Secureaplus which is much more powerful, and without bug...

/!\ Note : The settings were default, however I enabled Universal AV and APEX as resident protection. This was not enabled by default strangely enough.
We followed the recommendations of Catchpulse (Allow, Block etc).

At one point, I had to taskkill a malware (A Coinminer) because it was becoming very difficult to run the virtual machine (using 3GB of RAM for the malware and the CPU at 99%)

Watch my review on Odysee !

RAM Usage : Low but a rather high CPU consumption
Malware URL test : 6,5/10 (1 partielly blocked, 3 missed)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 36 files to 349.
The analysis is very long! (40 minutes)
CatchPulse alerts because he does not know, we follow his recommendations. The anti-malware engine detected worms that were not deleted by the analysis.
The system is still infected because malware is present and Magniber Ransomware encrypts the machine...
A malware has even caused a BSOD!

Resistance to script attacks: Average

Result :
MBAM : 22
NPE : 6
KVT : 2
ESET : 6 (9 but 3 false positive)

Recommand : No
System Clean : No, system infected

1chaoticadult

Level 2
Verified
Jul 29, 2013
I'm not surprised. The lite version is terrible. The Essentials and Pro version would do better on testing, but they also ruined this software with a slow UI, removing the ability to see and toggle the engines UAV uses and still using the same outdated engines in UAV from before.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.