SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

T

TheSuperGeek

Hello, I think someone asked this before me but i want't to know if SecureAplus is a good protection for a 1st line of defence ?
Thanks.
TSGeek

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
i thing because it still use the cloud av and windows defender would slow down big folders with many exes etc and is not neccessary with sap

o_O

Clipboard01.jpg

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Hello, I think someone asked this before me but i want't to know if SecureAplus is a good protection for a 1st line of defence ?
Thanks.
TSGeek
I think it depends on your preference. Some use it as a companion antivirus and others as a main antivirus. Trial for freemium is for 1 year, so you can try it out for yourself.

Note that while installing the product will scan the entire pc. This can take several hours to complete.

Here's a guide to achieve 'maximum' protection
[How to] configure SecureAPlus for maximum protection

Additionally, like I already explained the thread above, SecureAPlus doesn't offer phishing protection. So if you going to use it solo, make sure(if you want) to have something that covers that.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We have just released a new SecureAPlus version 3.4.2.
In this version we implement a new feature, "Silent Mode". Basically there will be no prompting or notification from SecureAPlus once you switch to this mode. Application Whitelisting will silently block all the untrusted files. If there is any virus detected in the real-time scanning, the file will be automatically quarantined. To switch to silent mode, right click on the SecureAPlus tray icon, and select "Silent Mode".

Reactions: Av Gurus
S

sinu

We have just released a new SecureAPlus version 3.4.2.
In this version we implement a new feature, "Silent Mode". Basically there will be no prompting or notification from SecureAPlus once you switch to this mode. Application Whitelisting will silently block all the untrusted files. If there is any virus detected in the real-time scanning, the file will be automatically quarantined. To switch to silent mode, right click on the SecureAPlus tray icon, and select "Silent Mode".
can this be used along with comodo internet security without any conflict??

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We have just released SecureAPlus v3.4.3.
In this version we fixed the bug in msi file verification.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
can this be used along with comodo internet security without any conflict??
I'm sorry for my late reply. As far as I know, there is no issue to run Comodo Internet Security with SecureAPlus. We have tested this, but quite some time ago.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v3.5.0.

Here are some highlights of the changes that were made:
- In the previous release, some users still reported that they received a lot of prompting after upgrading to Windows 10. We may have found the cause of this issue, and fixed in this version.
- We are also trying to improve how it works with Windows Defender in Windows 10. When the offline antivirus from SecureAPlus is disabled, it will automatically change the setting to allow Windows Defender to take over the offline AntiVirus role.
- ClamAV engine is upgraded to version 0.99

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We have two branches at the moment. The official release version number is 3.x.x, and Beta is version is 4.x.x.
The version that we release today is not a beta version, however our beta program has not ended yet. The be able to download our Beta version, you need to login to SecureAPlus Account, and participate in the beta program. We have a dedicated thread in MalwareTips that discussing the beta program: SecureAPlus is Evolving

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
There is a software update issue in SecureAPlus v3.5.0 under 64-bit OS. We have released SecureAPlus v3.5.1 to fix this issue.

For 64-bit OS users with SecureAplus v3.5.0 installed, since the problem is also effecting the software auto update feature, to upgrade to version 3.5.1, simply install SecureAPlus version 3.5.1 on top of the existing SecureAPlus. Uninstallation is not required.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
If everything works according to the plan, it should be around end of February 2016.

Reactions: Koroke San

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Can u tell me what are the new features included in secureaplus version 4?

- In the manual scanner (in Windows Explorer, right click, scan), if Universal AV does not have the sample file, user has an option to immediately upload scan the file by Universal AV server.
- With user permission, user can allow to upload any type of file for manual scanning.
upload_2016-1-8_8-2-43.png

- In the Application Whitelisting UI user can see the scan result from both, Universal AV and VirusTotal
upload_2016-1-8_8-5-0.png

- If it is a virus, in the Application Whitelisting UI, user is not only can block the file, they can also take other action, such as Quarantine, or delete.
upload_2016-1-8_8-5-43.png

- More comprehensive view for Universal AV when threats are detected.
upload_2016-1-8_8-7-55.png

upload_2016-1-8_8-14-11.png

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Do i need anti-exploit with it? I saw some users who use app whitelister use anti-executable too coz they are too paranoid?
Well, I think there is nothing wrong if you install anti-exploit along with SecureAPlus. It's quite common that people have multi layers of protection. Usually they serve for different purposes.

Reactions: Koroke San

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.