SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
One more question. Will secureaplus will protect me from exploit attack? I don't feel like using another tool to secure my pc.

Reactions: sap

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in my view you can tweak some file associations especially scripts that you may not exclude them upon monitoring by cloud engines against those exploits.

Reactions: Koroke San

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@woodrowbone: As far I know, you cannot disable whitelisting since that's the core component of SecureAplus; instead you may activate to Train Mode to make sure all of the applications are been whitelisted.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@woodrowbone: Well I cannot tell exactly since the configuration of Training Mode is from whitelisting and not on AV but you can pause the protection if you need it though.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
I am considering running it alongside other solutions, but I only want rock solid detection from the AV.
This due to the computer users capacity to NOT answer any "block" or "allow" popups.
Just like an extra layer of detection if you get my point.
Maybe SAP can answer the question?

/W

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
One more question. Will secureaplus will protect me from exploit attack? I don't feel like using another tool to secure my pc.
Exploit is something that keep evolving. People always find a new way to exploit the system. SecureAPlus is not targeting on the exploit itself, but rather the harmful payload that created and run by the exploit. Usually attacker will use the exploit as a gateway. If they want to do something more, usually they have to implant their code and run it. It this kind of situation, SecureAPlus will prevent the harmful code from running.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I am considering running it alongside other solutions, but I only want rock solid detection from the AV.
This due to the computer users capacity to NOT answer any "block" or "allow" popups.
Just like an extra layer of detection if you get my point.
Maybe SAP can answer the question?

/W
As mentinoed by jamscv7, App Whitelisting is the core of SecureAPlus product. You can't really disable SecureAPlus permanently. There are two options that are close to the feature that you are looking for. One is called Learning Mode or Observation mode.
upload_2016-1-25_7-54-10.png

When you switch to observation mode, it will allow untrusted applications to run, but they will remain untrusted. When you switch it back, they will not be allowed to run any more. This is usually useful for enterprise, so that they can analyze what applications that are running in the users' PC. Some applications may not be approved by the administrator. The administrator later on can review the log file, and decide whether to block them permanently, or allow them to run.

The second option is to switch to trust all mode.
upload_2016-1-25_7-59-7.png

This will not disable application whitelisting permanently. The most is you can choose to disable it until the next reboot. Unlike oberservation mode, every files that run will be automatically trusted.

Those two options are not really what we would like to recommend. In the new Beta version, we have integrated our Universal AV to the Application Whitelisting. During Application Whitelisting prompting, it will not only asking you whether to block or unblock the file, but it will also give you the virus scanning result from Universal AV and VirusTotal.
upload_2016-1-25_8-7-34.png

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Thx, I understand.
Is there any hope to have a setting to disable in the future, for those only looking for a straight AV?

/W

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I will not say that there is no hope at all, but in the current design it is pretty hard to corporate such feature. There are a lot of things that are relying on the core engine, which is whitelist. For example, for the Universal AV scanning, rather than always uploading the content of the files, which will consume more bandwidth and time, it uses hash (a kind of thumbprint from the files). The source of those hashes are from the whitelist.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v3.5.2. In this version we fixed the issue when uploading file that contains foreign language characters in the file name.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the official release of SecureAPlus v4.2.0 with the revamped UI.

Bugs Fixed:
- BSOD: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8017c457b03, ffffd000218b7b30, 0}
- Scheduled chkdsk was not able to run.

Modifications:
- Reduce 7-zip CPU resource consumption.

What's new:
- New GUI
- ClamAV engine version 0.99.1

Reactions: safe1st

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
The real-time is based on the sample virus files that we have already had. If the server does not have the sample file yet, the server will request the client to upload it, and it will be queued for scanning by the 12 engines.

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v4.2.1.

In this version we are introducing a new feature to whitelist command line. This feature is only available for Windows Vista onwards.

Here are the details of the bugs fixed and changes:
Bugs fixed:
- sanotifier crash when user close the application whitelisting dialog while rescanning is in progress.
- 32-bit Manual scanner was not able to run. This bug is only effected SecureAPlus version 4.
- SecureAPlus.exe was not able to run in Vista. This bug is started from SecureAPlus version 3.5.2
- For non-trusted account users, the tray icon supposed to shows "Lockdown" mode.
- Whitelist Manager does not close when user clicks on "Ok" button.
- Trust level did not change when modified from Whitelist Manager.

Modifications:
- If Offline AV and UAV are used, but it is not able to connect to the server, it will display that the scanning is only done by Offline AV.
- Change the auto full system scan interval to 4 hours.

What's new:
- Added "View via browser" at "Info & Licenses"->"Account".
- When the server returns an error because the license has been activated too many times, displays a hyperlink to support page that shows how to transfer license.
- Whitelist command line. This feature is only available at Windows Vista onwards.
- Added script, jp2launcher.exe (interpreter), .jnlp (extension).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.