SecureAPlus is now known as CatchPulse (new product)

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017

SecureAPlus is now known as CatchPulse​

CatchPulse, formerly known as SecureAPlus, is the must-have cybersecurity solution for your home as it protects against the increasing threat of cyberattacks - without forcing you to become a cybersecurity expert.

In 2021, ransomware attacks increased by a whopping 105% and malicious malware still continues to infiltrate devices with over 5.4 billion attacks recorded in the last year alone.

To help combat this trend, SecureAge Technology set out to enhance our award-winning and proven home security solution so that it will be even easier for our customers to proactively catch and comprehend complex security threats.

CatchPulse offers 100% malware protection​

The team at SecureAge Technology are grateful for your support of SecureAPlus and appreciate the feedback you have provided over the years. These insights have helped us take the next step with CatchPulse. Thank you!
You’ve helped us design new features and a new interface that further simplifies our solution. Using multiple cloud engines and our proprietary non-signature based AI, CatchPulse offers 100% detection with a “block- first” approach through application control that can Catch (see what we did there?) those unknown threats that cause so much damage.
CatchPulse is an ode to you, our loyal customers.
SecureAPlus relaunches as CatchPulse_dashboard_home

CatchPulse - Intuitive and Informed​

Here’s what’s new…..
Name change aside, we focused on Intuitiveness as a core development focus for this upgrade.
CatchPulse comes with an easier-to-use interface that is designed for all types of users:.
- Non-tech savvy home users can leave Auto-Protect ON for automated protection
- More tech-savvy users can turn Auto-Protect OFF for interactive and informed protection
- Those with advanced know-how can continue to dive deep into features for customised security
With everyone’s needs covered this makes it easy to recommend CatchPulse to your colleagues, family, and friends.
For better Information, we improved the security prompts to aid users in making decisions. A new severity level indicator shows the situation's urgency, and together with Recommended Actions ensures users of all levels are equipped to make quick decisions when required to do so.
SecureAPlus relaunches as CatchPulse_dashboard_prompt

Other design updates include a new interface that offers greater customisation for individual preferences. This includes a popular request from our users for light and dark themed options and a resizable main window so that those using modern high-resolution screens can display more information in the same frame.
SecureAPlus relaunches as CatchPulse_dashboard_portal

And finally, our advanced users will be pleased to hear that these interface improvements extend to the CatchPulse cloud management portal which serves as the central hub for keeping track of security across all your registered devices. The dashboard now comes with a multi-layered interface that presents the overall security state across devices so power users won’t lose any time maneuvering through deeper features and functions.
SecureAPlus relaunches as CatchPulse_dashboard_threats

CatchPulse is available in Q2 2022​

CatchPulse will be available to the public in May 2022 in 3 versions – a free version without application control in CatchPulse Lite, the complete home version in CatchPulse, and an advanced enterprise version in CatchPulse Pro.

As a way of saying thank you, we are offering ALL active SecureAPlus customers a FREE multi-year extension to CatchPulse when they migrate their licence. We will be in touch individually to detail the migration process and inform how many years have been awarded. Thanks again and stay tuned!

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
It does. I'm interested to see what they improved.
I really hope they pick other AV engines from the cloud. Currently it is using AVG and AVAST for example while they both share the same signatures. Thats just inefficient and doesn't bring any value. They even have a cloud engine called Microsoft Security Essentials which was discontinued years ago... The new interface looks clean and futuristic tho. (y)

1chaoticadult

Level 2
Verified
Jul 29, 2013
I really hope they pick other AV engines from the cloud. Currently it is using AVG and AVAST for example while they both share the same signatures. Thats just inefficient and doesn't bring any value. They even have a cloud engine called Microsoft Security Essentials which was discontinued years ago... The new interface looks clean and futuristic tho. (y)
I noticed that too. Maybe they were waiting for the new product to change this. Yes the interface is really nice. I also hope they also made improvements on Apex.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

1) Will you release a Beta Version before the Final Version comes out?

Support : There are currently no plans for an open beta

2) Will the old keys work in CatchPulse?

Support : Yes, Your existing licenses can be carried over to Catchpulse

3) Must I uninstall the SecureAPlus product?

Support : No, you will be able to upgrade to Catchpulse simply by running the new installer

4) Any infos for the mobile Version of SecureAPlus will you release a mobile version of CatchPulse?

Support : we have no plans for the mobile version at this time

With best Regards
Mops21

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Will this have the apex av and the usual allow/deny with whitelisting ,etc? Is everything .exe gone also? Hope so.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Here are some more infos about it for you

1) Can you say more about it please?

Support : CatchPulse is SecureAPlus with a fresh look and experience.

2. Will the SecureAPlus Update find the new Version

Support : Support will continue for SecureAPlus.

3. What can you say about the Scan Engines and about the Cloud Scan Engines that will use it

Support : The Scan Engines and Universal AV in CatchPulse will be identical to those in SecureAPlus.

1) Can you say more about it please?

Support : CatchPulse is SecureAPlus with a fresh look and experience.

2. Will the SecureAPlus Update find the new Version

Support : Support will continue for SecureAPlus.

3. What can you say about the Scan Engines and about the Cloud Scan Engines that will use it

Support : The Scan Engines and Universal AV in CatchPulse will be identical to those in SecureAPlus.

1) Will the SecureAPlus internal Updater find the new Version of CatchPulse.

Support: No, you will need to manually download and run the CatchPulse installer .

2) And how long will you support the old SecureAPlus with Updates and support and AV Updates?

Support: SecureAPlus will reach end-of-life in Q3 2023. Until then, we will continue to release security and stability updates however all new features and enhancements will only be available on CatchPulse.
You may click on this link for more information : Upgrade to CatchPulse for FREE in May 2022

3) I have some wishes fo rhe more scan engines / Cloud Scan Engines for you please add it

Support : Thank you for the suggestions, we will get back to you if it is possible.

With best Regards
Mops21

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
I have a license for SecureAPlus Essentials for 3 years. I installed version 6.7.1 on March 10th and found it a bit heavier for the system and uninstalled it. After VoodooShied was no longer free, I reinstalled SecureAPlus version 6.7.3 which now is very light and I look forward to upgrading to CatchPulse this month. From the previous article I understood that it is possible until August 10th. I use Microsoft Defender with SecureAPlus (I did not register SecureAPlus as antivirus) and in Universal AV I do not use ClamAV and Microsoft Security Essentials engines.

Last edited:

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
I have a license for SecureAPlus Essentials for 3 years. I installed version 6.7.1 on March 10th and found it a bit heavier for the system and uninstalled it. After VoodooShied was no longer free, I reinstalled SecureAPlus version 6.7.3 which now is very light and I look forward to upgrading to CatchPulse this month. From the previous article I understood that it is possible until August 10th. I use Microsoft Defender with SecureAPlus (I did not register SecureAPlus as antivirus) and in Universal AV I do not use ClamAV and Microsoft Security Essentials engines.
6.7.1 was indeed quite heavy. Does 6.7.3 still install Everything for you? I hate that thing.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
I also disabled AVG as Avast and AVG are from the same manufacturer and probably have the same detection performance.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.