SecureAPlus is now known as CatchPulse (new product)

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
its is available now

Lets Go GIF by The Fast Saga

Reactions: [correlate]

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Even though it has been rebranded, ESET still detects it as PUA. :ROFLMAO:
I cannot access to the site:( , probably a wrong detection but I prefear to stay away because I remember that some years ago ESET was the only AV which detected CCleaner (when there was the malware problem with CCleaner and Avast).
How long does it take to ESET for whitelisting it ?

Capture.PNG2.PNG

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
I cannot access to the site:( , probably a wrong detection but I prefear to stay away because I remember that some years ago ESET was the only AV which detected CCleaner (when there was the malware problem with CCleaner and Avast).
How long does it take to ESET for whitelisting it ?

View attachment 266617View attachment 266616
It's almost impossible for ESET to remove a PUA detection. I argued with ESET malware response team about software that ESET flags as PUA, but I believe it is clean. According to them, the old version of this software installed browser extensions, and even though the updated version does not exhibit PUA-like behaviour, ESET still detects it.

As for SecureAge, I think ESET detects it because it used ESET engine without permission in the past (SecureAge SecureAPlus - ESET engine used legally?).

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I downloaded F-Secure when its 3 year promo was running here on MT. It has been running fine.

Would anyone say that SAP aka now CatchPulse would be a better choice?

warwagon

May 17, 2022
Any ETA on Windows 11 support? Not even going to try it until they say they support it because secureaplus ran like crap on Windows 11. Felt a slow down on the machine it was installed on.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
CatchPulse is now apparently being offered at a 50% discount. I only paid 13.49 euros for the one-year license.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
CatchPulse didn't convince me. The AV engines used in Universal-AV are not visible and therefore cannot be partially deactivated. I have a suspicion that the useless AV engines from Clam and Microsoft Security Essentials are still being used in CatchPulse. In addition, AVG and Avast are to be regarded as duplicates. The advertisement with at least 10 AV programs is therefore a deception.
It is still no longer possible to see how many files with which data volume have been uploaded to the universal AV.
Vulnerability Scan & Assessment was in continuous operation for me and did not show any results.
Only the English language version is available.
I have a suspicion that Secure Age is focused on business customers and CatchPulse has become the poor consumer version.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
The UA are not visible also giving a false sense as to when reporting a file has no good how can we tell with no visible report that the file may be good and is a false positive>

1chaoticadult

Level 2
Verified
Jul 29, 2013
CatchPulse didn't convince me. The AV engines used in Universal-AV are not visible and therefore cannot be partially deactivated. I have a suspicion that the useless AV engines from Clam and Microsoft Security Essentials are still being used in CatchPulse. In addition, AVG and Avast are to be regarded as duplicates. The advertisement with at least 10 AV programs is therefore a deception.
It is still no longer possible to see how many files with which data volume have been uploaded to the universal AV.
Vulnerability Scan & Assessment was in continuous operation for me and did not show any results.
Only the English language version is available.
I have a suspicion that Secure Age is focused on business customers and CatchPulse has become the poor consumer version.
It was stated in SecureAPlus is now known as CatchPulse (new product) the engines are the same as in SecureAPlus, so there is no need for suspicion. I reinstalled without Universal AV and Vunerability Scan, after using with both. It is sad they removed the ability to disable individual engines in Universal AV.

DownPlay

Jun 13, 2022
Also the fact you can't know how many engines detected a threat is a downgrade, so many false positives and you can't know with a single glance anymore.
I hope they go back on their decision there.

Reactions: Azure

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.