SecureAPlus v4.2.0 - FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa96

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 2, 2015
i just istalled it and did the full system scan now kerish doctor process is taking up to 50% of CPU and if i uninstall SAP it goes down is any one facing this problem and this problem since the last version

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
anyone had problems where SAP silently blocked things that were supposed to run, like Windows updates or other windows services?
Just asking. I am trying out SAP. It's doing the big bad scan now.
I had certain problems with VoodooShield, so I am considering this as an alternative.
I understand that I get a year free licence?
And it is compatible with HIPS software? I use spyshelter free version.

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
anyone had problems where SAP silently blocked things that were supposed to run, like Windows updates or other windows services?
I had certain problems with VoodooShield, so I am considering this as an alternative.
Atm it's 18 months free because of a promotion they have or something. Big scan takes a while but whitelists everything on your pc and i didn't notice any blocks while testing.
About hips i didn't test but it should be ok. Maybe you will have to whitelist secureaplus but try and see.

Reactions: shmu26

cyht91

Level 1
Aug 23, 2015

Indeed, they are doing a 18 months promotion now with sharewareonsale and therefore there is a sudden increase in users doing scanning. This may take a while so you might want to be patient with it. As part of the new launch promotion, they are up-ing it to 15 months freemium for new users instead of the usual 12 months. The freemium license is extendable through their referral program.

Reactions: frogboy

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Support says it is compatible with all security solutions, including spyshelter, although if you use spyshelter, you will get redundant alerts.

Seems like I am not the only new user who jumped on the bandwagon, because their servers are overloaded and are having a hard time processing all the requests for cloud AV scanning. Anyways, my system felt slower with the universal AV scanning. I used to have the same problem with QIHOO -- the system feels less responsive.
So I turned off the Universal AV, and I am using it for whitelisting. That's what brought me to this product in the first place.

It automatically installed a search tool called everywhere. why?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Support says it is compatible with all security solutions, including spyshelter, although if you use spyshelter, you will get redundant alerts.

Seems like I am not the only new user who jumped on the bandwagon, because their servers are overloaded and are having a hard time processing all the requests for cloud AV scanning. Anyways, my system felt slower with the universal AV scanning. I used to have the same problem with QIHOO -- the system feels less responsive.
So I turned off the Universal AV, and I am using it for whitelisting. That's what brought me to this product in the first place.

now it finished the start-up scan, and my system feels responsive again. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch.

Reactions: frogboy

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Just wanted to add though everytime system boots Universal Av scan runs full system scan ,also when new programs are installed .It is too bad though the scans happen alot can't seem to turn them off without turning off Universal av scan.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if it helps, you can exclude certain folders from the scan. I excluded the folder where I have a big collection of installation files.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

cyht91

Level 1
Aug 23, 2015

You mean Everything?

Everything.exe is used for indexing your computer so SecureAPlus can locate any detected threats easily which also contributes to speeding up the regular scans. The amount of memory usage fluctuates depending on a number of factors, first and foremost would be the amount of space you are using as those are being indexed. Removing it will not allow SecureAPlus as per normal.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I had to turn off Ua scanning and realtime scanning ,the continual scanning slows machine too much ,anyone else see this ?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I had to turn off Ua scanning and realtime scanning ,the continual scanning slows machine too much ,anyone else see this ?
I have noticed that the scan doesn't finish, the majority of the time.
but I haven't actually felt a hit in system performance

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I have noticed that the scan doesn't finish, the majority of the time.
but I haven't actually felt a hit in system performance
I get same thing except with the slowing down somewhat ,it reminds me of Panda av ,it does the same thing ,a continual scan with even slower results while using computer.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I think the problem occurs when you have new executables on your system, and SAP has to upload them, and then get the analysis back from the cloud. So if their servers are overburdened, it takes way too long.
This morning I had no new executables, and the whole process went fast and smooth.
In any case, you can turn off the whole UAV thing, and use SAP for its core function, which is whitelisting. This does not rely on constant system scans or anything of the sort. It works just fine without all that mess.

cyht91

Level 1
Aug 23, 2015

There was a surge of new users due to an existing promotion and therefore, there were some issues with the server last week. The server should be stable now

Tinytime23

Level 1
Verified
Mar 4, 2016
I installed it and I can not for the life of me get it to finish or even start the initial scan. Everyones pictures show a progress bar, mine does not have this and I have no idea if it is actually going. How long did the initial scan take for you guys because mine has been going for 5+ hours with no end in sight. And just so you know I have almost nothing installed on my computer so it is not as if I have a massive amounts of stuff it needs to scan. Also its causing a noticable slowdown that I am tempted to just uninstall it.

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

I installed it and I can not for the life of me get it to finish or even start the initial scan. Everyones pictures show a progress bar, mine does not have this and I have no idea if it is actually going. How long did the initial scan take for you guys because mine has been going for 5+ hours with no end in sight. And just so you know I have almost nothing installed on my computer so it is not as if I have a massive amounts of stuff it needs to scan. Also its causing a noticable slowdown that I am tempted to just uninstall it.

On my system there was some similar issues as well. It appears there are some glitches. Developer will get reports from users and the developer will fix them.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
i use this version and it feels lighter than the previous one with the old gui. It is an amazing product and i havnt found any malware that bypasses the whitelist component.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
it scans the exe files that you have in your downloads folder, or anywhere else. If you want to save time, go to the app settings tab (on the bottom of the home screen) and then choose scan settings from the right panel. Then at the top, in the middle, you will see exclusions.
I excluded my big collection of installation files, but I did not exclude the downloads folder, because that's exactly where malware is most likely to be.

As for how long it takes, it is totally unpredictable, it depends on how much stuff it needs to upload, and how much pressure their servers have. You can adjust it to use less system resources, if it is slowing you down. Otherwise, just don't worry about it, you can shut down your PC off and it will pick up where it left off.

Tinytime23

Level 1
Verified
Mar 4, 2016
it scans the exe files that you have in your downloads folder, or anywhere else. If you want to save time, go to the app settings tab (on the bottom of the home screen) and then choose scan settings from the right panel. Then at the top, in the middle, you will see exclusions.
I excluded my big collection of installation files, but I did not exclude the downloads folder, because that's exactly where malware is most likely to be.

As for how long it takes, it is totally unpredictable, it depends on how much stuff it needs to upload, and how much pressure their servers have. You can adjust it to use less system resources, if it is slowing you down. Otherwise, just don't worry about it, you can shut down your PC off and it will pick up where it left off.

I make sure to delete everything in my download folder that i install cause there is no need for it after i install it so i dont think thats it. And i dont see an option anywhere to change the amount of resources it uses. And the numbers at tge bottom of the screen showing how many files it has uploaded/ignored/malesre found and all that stuff is all at 0. So thats why i posted about this cause i feel like its not even scanning.

EDIT: After however many hours (7 or 8+) the numbers finally jumped up and it appears like it is almost done. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
the first time I tried SAP, I uninstalled it in disgust, for the very same reasons that were bothering you.
then they came out with a new version and I decided to try it again.

By the way, every time you shut down or log off, it will do another full scan when you come back, although it is much much shorter than the initial one.
Nonetheless, it also gets stuck sometimes!
But not to worry, it doesn't suck your computer resources like the initial scan. You probably won't even notice it.

Reactions: Tinytime23
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.