Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
We are pleased to announce the official release of SecureAPlus v4.2.0 with the revamped UI.

Bugs Fixed:
- BSOD: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8017c457b03, ffffd000218b7b30, 0}
- Scheduled chkdsk was not able to run.

Modifications:
- Reduce 7-zip CPU resource consumption.

What's new:
- New GUI
- ClamAV engine version 0.99.1

Overview

D

Deleted member 2913

I hate the offline ClamAV.
Many users have requested to change the offline AV but they simply dont listen & change it.

When Secure was first introduced I was a forum member & that time I too have requested to change ClamAV. They mention its start, in the future things will change but sad it never changed.

I dont remember now, think thats the reason I didn't tried to get perpetual license for beta tester. I was a beta tester.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
They had a version with and without AV Online, so it will be with this version (later).
You can always disable Offline AV.
I do not like Clam AV (and some of 12 AV engine) also but there is an option to disable what you do not like.

Reactions: saket and bitbizket

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
They had a version with and without AV Online, so it will be with this version (later).
I do not like Clam AV (and some of 12 AV engine) also but there is an option to disable what you do not like.

yes there's an option for that :)

D

Deleted member 2913

I know that but I have a doubt they are ever going to change the offline AV...now I dont trust them in a way.

Reactions: Venustus

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I hate the offline ClamAV.
Many users have requested to change the offline AV but they simply dont listen & change it.

When Secure was first introduced I was a forum member & that time I too have requested to change ClamAV. They mention its start, in the future things will change but sad it never changed.

I dont remember now, think thats the reason I didn't tried to get perpetual license for beta tester. I was a beta tester.
Not that big of a deal if you consider the product is design to be compatible with whatever other antivirus you might have.

For example you could run Avira(or Avast) + SecureAplus(without ClamAV) together.

D

Deleted member 2913

Not that big of a deal if you consider the product is design to be compatible with whatever other antivirus you might have.

For example you could run Avira(or Avast) + SecureAplus(without ClamAV) together.
I never run 2 AVs however compatible.
And when the product is good with good features, why not change the offline AV to one of the good engines they have, it will be much better & complete product.

cyht91

Level 1
Aug 23, 2015
I never run 2 AVs however compatible.
And when the product is good with good features, why not change the offline AV to one of the good engines they have, it will be much better & complete product.

They have always been listening to users' feedback and opinion and changing the optional offline AV is definitely in their list of improving the software. They are a very small team so do give them more time on this regarding the optional offline AV. On the other hand, it's good that they allow users to opt out of the optional offline antivirus and they always mention about using their software as an additional layer on top of your current antivirus.

D

Deleted member 2913

They have always been listening to users' feedback and opinion and changing the optional offline AV is definitely in their list of improving the software. They are a very small team so do give them more time on this regarding the optional offline AV. On the other hand, it's good that they allow users to opt out of the optional offline antivirus and they always mention about using their software as an additional layer on top of your current antivirus.
I know that but from the very first alpha/beta this was requested by users & they were do do something in the future. Its been a long time. From alpha the product has reached version 4. This is a long time to change the offline AV, dont you think so?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo: Likely (Perhaps maybe?) because the reason they have ClamWin as offline AV engine is, because besides as open source where the cloud can be enough, so their whitelisting technology also considered Plan B.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
HI I am still getting the file index not ready yet and continual scanning with 4.2.0. Any fixes ? Thks
I had to turn off Universal scanning and realtime scanning to stop the full scanning and that file index error

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.