Request Separate Privacy Category/Forum

Orchid

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 27, 2023
MalwareTips Community,

While I have only been a member for less than a day, I have been here way longer by being a visitor on this forum to bring some suggestions for improvements: A separate section/category for privacy. I know you have some forums like Online Privacy & Security Guides under the Guides category, Privacy & VPN under the General Apps category, and Privacy News with their tag in the Security Forum under News, etc. However, I find threads about privacy in some of these forums can get lost with all the other threads/posts related to security. Searching for them can be cumbersome if the user/person doesn't know what they are searching for/looking up. Here is what I am thinking

News
- Security News
- Technology News
- Privacy News

Privacy
- General Privacy Discussions
- Online Privacy Guide
- Privacy Videos

I know that security & privacy can go hand in hand, and it's hard to separate the two online: however, for people who want to contribute or search for privacy vs. security. I think this will be beneficial for everyone looking through the forum.

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
MalwareTips Community,

While I have only been a member for less than a day, I have been here way longer by being a visitor on this forum to bring some suggestions for improvements: A separate section/category for privacy. I know you have some forums like Online Privacy & Security Guides under the Guides category, Privacy & VPN under the General Apps category, and Privacy News with their tag in the Security Forum under News, etc. However, I find threads about privacy in some of these forums can get lost with all the other threads/posts related to security. Searching for them can be cumbersome if the user/person doesn't know what they are searching for/looking up. Here is what I am thinking

News
- Security News
- Technology News
- Privacy News

Privacy
- General Privacy Discussions
- Online Privacy Guide
- Privacy Videos

I know that security & privacy can go hand in hand, and it's hard to separate the two online: however, for people who want to contribute or search for privacy vs. security. I think this will be beneficial for everyone looking through the forum.
it is a good idea @Jack

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
The problem with Privacy/Anonymity forums is they become a circle jerk with only a few people posting/contributing and most just lurking.

I kind of like this forums approach, focus on malware and security and then have some privacy posts here and there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.