Troubleshoot Serious FPS problems

Derosea

Thread author
May 30, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Serious FPS drops and problems
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I've made sure my temps were good at all times, and I've ran malwar ebytes and my antivirus and spybot.
Alright I've been having FPS problems with all games I play, every now and again I get MASSIVE FPS drops that last a few seconds and by massive I mean 80-90 drops. It was more often a few days ago. Overall however I'm getting far less FPS then I was a week or so ago and periodically not as drastic FPS drops as 80-90 but I'm almost always dropping 10-15 frames, and my computer wasn't doing this a week or so ago. Now the things that I did that could have caused this( I honestly have no idea what could have or what to fix for this is why I'm asking), I watched some youtube video saying that you could increase your FPS by unparking your cores so I went to https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/ and did what it said which was turn everything to 100% and unpark them. Immediately after I launched MSI Afterburner(which I use to control my fans) and my fans immediately went 100% fan speed and my computer crashed immediately. When I loaded up it said Configuring windows please dont turn off computer for like 20 minutes, once it finished though no damage was done that I know of everything thing was there and everything works fine (besides my FPS obviously), I'm ran every virus scan I can, cleaned my computer of malware with malwarebytes so I don't think it's virus/malware related, I have no idea if this IS the reason for the FPS change but the FPS problems happened afterwards and if it is the reason I don't know how to fix it. Also FYI I have windows 7 ultimate x64 my GPU is AMD Radeon R9 200 and Processor is AMD FX 6350 Six-Core and an ASUS CPU. I haven't updated any of my drivers since I got my computer like 7 months ago, people say just go to the website for your product and I can never find what they are talking about, not that it's what the problem is I just don't know. Also I know it's not temp cause I keep my temps below 60 no matter what. If someone can help me with this it would be a tremendous help, I've tried everything I can and I just have no idea what else I can do so I'm at my wit's end sadly.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Alright I've been having FPS problems with all games I play, every now and again I get MASSIVE FPS drops that last a few seconds and by massive I mean 80-90 drops. It was more often a few days ago. Overall however I'm getting far less FPS then I was a week or so ago and periodically not as drastic FPS drops as 80-90 but I'm almost always dropping 10-15 frames, and my computer wasn't doing this a week or so ago. Now the things that I did that could have caused this( I honestly have no idea what could have or what to fix for this is why I'm asking), I watched some youtube video saying that you could increase your FPS by unparking your cores so I went to https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/ and did what it said which was turn everything to 100% and unpark them. Immediately after I launched MSI Afterburner(which I use to control my fans) and my fans immediately went 100% fan speed and my computer crashed immediately. When I loaded up it said Configuring windows please dont turn off computer for like 20 minutes, once it finished though no damage was done that I know of everything thing was there and everything works fine (besides my FPS obviously), I'm ran every virus scan I can, cleaned my computer of malware with malwarebytes so I don't think it's virus/malware related, I have no idea if this IS the reason for the FPS change but the FPS problems happened afterwards and if it is the reason I don't know how to fix it. Also FYI I have windows 7 ultimate x64 my GPU is AMD Radeon R9 200 and Processor is AMD FX 6350 Six-Core and an ASUS CPU. I haven't updated any of my drivers since I got my computer like 7 months ago, people say just go to the website for your product and I can never find what they are talking about, not that it's what the problem is I just don't know. Also I know it's not temp cause I keep my temps below 60 no matter what. If someone can help me with this it would be a tremendous help, I've tried everything I can and I just have no idea what else I can do so I'm at my wit's end sadly.
Firstly I would undo any changes you applied before the issue began and then update your Radeon drivers from here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Download CPU-Z from here:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
and post a screenshot after running it!
Are there any processes hogging your cpu that you are aware of?

Upvote 0

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
Yeah, undo them because you went and mucked with something that didn't need to be mucked with. You can't just randomly start doing stuff like that. Overclocking depends on the CPU, the PSU, GPU, etc. There may be two different model numbers of the same CPU, etc, one that is capable of being "turned up" and one that isn't. You especially don't go to Youtube for this stuff. If you're looking to up your power, look in places like Toms Hardware, Overclock.net, etc. If something isn't broke, don't fix it.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

you want be a pro-gamer or a casual one?

beginner pro-gamer setup:

1- play the game at minimum details and average resolution
2- remove all Avs and terminate all unecessary background running softs and services
3- dont use wifi

uber Pro-gamer setup

1- dual boot system , the gaming one will be unmodified (no AVs, no softs, no other browsers than IE, etc...) , it will host only the game nothing else. only a soft like shadow defender or rollback RX can be installed to rollback in case of infection.
2- connect to your router via cable.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Overclocking the CPU should be fine as long the range supported however very opposite to GPU which design to lower the temperature and avoid overheating issue.

Updating to the latest version of drivers should be your first priority, why not check the benchmarks using FRAPS or Passmark if there is something inconsistency.

Also try this website which design to tell you if you can run this game without problems.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Upvote 0

Derosea

Thread author
May 30, 2015
ty for the quick replys, I don't know how to undo what I did cause I went back to the program and it was all reset and I checked my cores....I forgot how and it said 3 were still parked so I dont think it even worked...I check the radeon thing and it says I'm up-to-date. Is this the screenshot you meant?

Attachments

• gsgs.png
    gsgs.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 0

Derosea

Thread author
May 30, 2015
Also the game I mostly play is CSGO and I have a decent computer it's not amazing but I can run GTA 5 on Ultra just fine for EX so I don'
t think it's because my computers not good enough.

Upvote 0

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Also the game I mostly play is CSGO and I have a decent computer it's not amazing but I can run GTA 5 on Ultra just fine for EX so I don'
t think it's because my computers not good enough.
Sorry I cannot be of any further assistance to this problem apart from the fact that something has deteriorated your performance with that particular game!
The core parking seems to be the issue which unfortunately I cannot be of help to you as I am not aware of that tweek that you used!

Upvote 0

Derosea

Thread author
May 30, 2015
It's not with this paticular game as I said...It's every single game I play now...and I posted the the app I used to tweak it lol so....

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Can you try to conduct a system restore where the date it was not happen yet? Since symptoms happen on May 21 then it should be more earlier state.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.