Troubleshoot Settings App will not open

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Yes 2004 & other updates, I am now trying to update windows through Bitdefender, I am desperate, please help!

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Haappened to me, several times. Every time I solved it by reinstalling the "Settings" app. It's really easy.

STEPS:

1. Close every program you have open.
2. Start PowerShell as administrator (to do this just search "Powershell", right click, run as admin)
3. Paste the following command and hit enter
Code:
Get-AppXPackage | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode – Register “$($_.InstallLocation) \AppXManifest.xml”}
4. Reboot the system

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
No, I have tried the last option, but no luck😔
The ultimate fix I have to fix these kind of issues, is to repair the Windows 10 image without clean installing.

You achieve this by using a Windows 10 ISO. Don't have to clean install. Just:

1. Download Windows 10 ISO
2. Mount it on your system
3. Click the setup.exe and proceed
4. When it asks what you want to do, you choose "keep my files and programs"

This way, your installed programs or files won't be damaged, all it will do it "clean install" Windows configurations and apps. Most definitely should fix your problem.

Just remember to close everything prior to starting and try not to use the PC for anything else while it does the "installation".

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
The ultimate fix I have to fix these kind of issues, is to repair the Windows 10 image without clean installing.

You achieve this by using a Windows 10 ISO. Don't have to clean install. Just:

1. Download Windows 10 ISO
2. Mount it on your system
3. Click the setup.exe and proceed
4. When it asks what you want to do, you choose "keep my files and programs"

This way, your installed programs or files won't be damaged, all it will do it "clean install" Windows configurations and apps. Most definitely should fix your problem.

Just remember to close everything prior to starting and try not to use the PC for anything else while it does the "installation".
This is also called a InPlace upgrade

Hey Roboman and thanks for helping me, but where can I get the windows 10 ISO, and how long will it take? :)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.