Troubleshoot Several issues with Galaxy Book laptop

mucem

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2019
Hi all,

i decided to create recovery USB supports with CyberLink Power2Go contains all data of C:/ on Galaxy Book laptop (with Windows ADK installed),
but the CyberLink Power2Go application display an message says "for create a USB support, only up to 28 Gb used space on C:/ is authorized, impossible for
more than 28 Gb of used space",

for create an USB recovery support with CyberLink Power2Go, we try to free up space on C:/ on Galaxy Book laptop on this topic (troubleshoot on this forum) and i tried
Full-DiskFighter, but insufficient

the USB recovery supports is a Samsung Fit and Datarm 32 Gb paid in june 2019

the desktop is full (included much icons)

here the screenshot of informations used space on C:/ of Galaxy Book below:

Thanks...

Attachments

• capture info espace utilisé galaxy book.png
    capture info espace utilisé galaxy book.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 361

mucem

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2019
on Galaxy Book's screen now i see a message for free up space in C:/, sound device error and smartscreen, says:
"16 problems/restrictions found, unable to resolve theses problems in normal & safe mode"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mucem

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2019
Hi all,

My Galaxy Book PC présents two others problems:

-sound device error on sound capturing

-SmartScreen can't disable/uninstall, causes i can't launch frst zhp; (the smartscreeen warning message is invisible), i tried O&O ShutUp 10, Ashampoo AntiSpy, Avira Privacy Pal & DoNotSpy10 but the problems persists,
and i then tried to disable SmartScreen on security center, but the Windows Security Center crashes

on Galaxy Book's screen now i see a message for free up space in C:/, device sound error and smartscreen, says:
"16 problems/restrictions found, unable to resolve theses problems in normal & safe mode"

and now below the sound device error messages screen captures and the seaf log for SmartScreen:

i can't uninstall Comodo, Bitdefender & WinZip

Thanks...

Attachments

• capture_error_sound_device_1.png
    capture_error_sound_device_1.png
    498.4 KB · Views: 312
  • capture_sound_device_error_2.png
    capture_sound_device_error_2.png
    597.9 KB · Views: 375
  • seaf.txt
    203.6 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not to sound rude, but you have a LOT of CRAP running on your Evaluation version of Windows.

1. Turn off System Restore [LINK] - Reason: Other recovery software/methods are better and you regain some space after disabling/deleting restore points.
2. Uninstall unwanted/unnecessary software. - Reason: Clear up 100's MBs of space.
3. Clean up your Desktop (!)
4. Run Windows Disk clean-up (as Admin). - Reason: Clear up to 10's GBs of space (ie. Windows.old).
5. Run a 3rd-party Cleaner (ie. Wise Disk Cleaner portable). - Reason: To clear up even more space.

I have no clue as to why Cyberlink Power2Go has a limitation for 'Backup Windows System to a Recovery Disc or Single USB'. Probably better to uninstall this as well.

Check these link out for an alternative way to Backup Windows OS;
More info: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Recommended - Using Macrium Reflect:

Software links:
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
https://www.aomeitech.com/ab/standard-edition.html?ref=en.nav.backup-software
https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-disk-cleaner.html

Upvote 0

mucem

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2019
Not to sound rude, but you have a LOT of CRAP running on your Evaluation version of Windows.

1. Turn off System Restore [LINK] - Reason: Other recovery software/methods are better and you regain some space after disabling/deleting restore points.
2. Uninstall unwanted/unnecessary software. - Reason: Clear up 100's MBs of space.
3. Clean up your Desktop (!)
4. Run Windows Disk clean-up (as Admin). - Reason: Clear up to 10's GBs of space (ie. Windows.old).
5. Run a 3rd-party Cleaner (ie. Wise Disk Cleaner portable). - Reason: To clear up even more space.

I have no clue as to why Cyberlink Power2Go has a limitation for 'Backup Windows System to a Recovery Disc or Single USB'. Probably better to uninstall this as well.

Check these link out for an alternative way to Backup Windows OS;
More info: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Recommended - Using Macrium Reflect:

Software links:
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
https://www.aomeitech.com/ab/standard-edition.html?ref=en.nav.backup-software
https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-disk-cleaner.html

i have Sound device error on Galaxy Book on sound recording, i tried also with the microphone of external webcam but the problems persits,

and also i need help to free space on my two computers (the galaxy book and the Compaq desktop pc), but Full-DiskFighter, cleanmgr, Wise disk cleaner are not sufficiant,
i want <28 Gb of used space on thèses pc, because i want to try the experience of creation of USB recovery disks with CyberLink Power2Go 12

the smart screen problems is:

-SmartScreen can't disable/uninstall, causes i can't launch frst zhp; (the smartscreeen warning message is invisible), i tried O&O ShutUp 10, Ashampoo AntiSpy, Avira Privacy Pal & DoNotSpy10 but the problems persists,
and i then tried to disable SmartScreen on security center, but the Windows Security Center crashes

one other problem:
-when i try to launch "C:\PortableApps\QupZilla Portable\QupZilla.exe" i have a error message of "UnHackMe (Regrun)" says "Out of memory" but QupZilla portable can't/Don't launch

i went to change this topic title to "several problem with 2 PC: Galaxy Book & Compaq desktop PC"

Thanks

Attachments

• capture_error_sound_device_1.png
    capture_error_sound_device_1.png
    498.4 KB · Views: 306
  • capture_sound_device_error_2.png
    capture_sound_device_error_2.png
    597.9 KB · Views: 314
  • CTR.txt
    702 bytes · Views: 262
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I cannot help if you are unwilling to follow the steps above.

If Power2Go has a 28GB limit, then you need to uninstall software to a bare minimum.

Edit: It might be better to create a separate thread for the other issue, if it's un-related to Power2Go.

Upvote 0

mucem

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2019
I cannot help if you are unwilling to follow the steps above.

If Power2Go has a 28GB limit, then you need to uninstall software to a bare minimum.

Edit: It might be better to create a separate thread for the other issue, if it's un-related to Power2Go.

I followed the steps above but the problems persists (not enough free space,

I can't to connect on Apple account,

i want also to use Eassos System Restore/Isoo Backup to create on internal disk of my two pc a recovery partition contains all data of C:/ (files, videos, applications,
settings, music, images, pdf...), but for this work it's required to have maximum 50% of used space in C:/ on my two pc,

for free space to make "50% used of free space" for use Eassos System Restore/Isoo Backup, we continue this topic,

and then continue the topic to make results <28 Gb maximum of used space on two pc for make creation of recovery USB with CyberLink Power2Go on theses two computers

and the touch functionnality of the screen of Galaxy Book don't work

And I have bugs on Pale Moon browser

Thanks...

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.