BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
5h3B6pW.png

SHADE Sandbox is an alternative for antivirus and a tool for virtualization. It locally virtualizes applications (i.e. internet browsers) and locks all incoming internet files and possible viruses in its safe virtual environment - a “sandbox”, keeping them isolated from the Operating System to maintain it clean from malware. History, Cookies, Temporary Internet files are isolated from the real OS environment. Registry, Executable and System Files, and other important information is well protected from cyber-attacks and malware activity including viruses, Worms, Trojans and Exploits

Please note, although Shade Sandbox is free, you need to register with your name and email address if you'd like to use it for more than a couple of days.

Download: Shade Sandbox 1.4 | 14.3 MB (Freeware)
View: Shade Sandbox Home Page

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
At least the website seems to be revised, if anyone remember that during early stage of development; their description on homepage is misleading and not related to be antivirus software. Anyway Shade Sandbox brought unique that my misconception is bug or issue due to problematic operation.

Reactions: Ink

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't understand how it isolates malware, if the shade download folder is not virtualized?
I found the folder on my file system, and opened a file in there, and it opened normal and I could even save it on my regular desktop

D

Deleted member 178

you have to add the apps first in Shade; shade is not Sandboxie lol

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
you have to add the apps first in Shade; shade is not Sandboxie lol
to its credit, I tried downloading a text file in gmail, and then I opened the file by clicking on the bottom edge of sandboxed chrome. The file opened in a sandboxed instance of notepad, even though I did not add notepad as an app. I added only chrome. That's good.

But will I be protected from unwanted downloads? that's my question. obviously, if I go and open it normally, it will not be sandboxed. But can it attack my system from where it is, without my help?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't understand how it isolates malware, if the shade download folder is not virtualized?
I found the folder on my file system, and opened a file in there, and it opened normal and I could even save it on my regular desktop
correction: if it is an executable file, it can't be opened in the regular way from the shade download folder. It can be only opened sandboxed. So there is some protection there.
But a pdf doc, or Word doc, can be opened normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.